NHL Discussion

Everyone saying the Sabre's made enough moves to be a playoff team next year?

Think that's a stretch. Kind of a bummer because we're playing ourselves right out of a top draft pick.

At least going to games might be a bit more exciting this year. Excited to potentially see Reinhart. 

Everyone saying the Sabre's made enough moves to be a playoff team next year?

Think that's a stretch. Kind of a bummer because we're playing ourselves right out of a top draft pick.

At least going to games might be a bit more exciting this year. Excited to potentially see Reinhart.

Lol. Who is saying that? Delusional Sabres fans?

Honestly, I hate the fanbase. I hate how when the teams good, everyone is the biggest fan in the world, but after a shitty year no one watches a single game. There's no willingness to commit through thick and thin, and that's why ownership knows that they couldn't afford doing a rebuild. Vancouvers a shitty hipster town that cares about what's trendy at the time.

Stoked we kept Moore, not stoked about signing Glass. Why??? I understand the need for 4th liners after losing Boyle and no one knows whats happening with Carcillo, but come on. Maybe they are moving Moore up in the line up?? Apparently the Rangers arent done, looking for more forwards via FA or trade. But what the fuck are we going to possibly trade? We have nothing draft pick wise. Unless we move Nash for a package of players then flip them? Thats about it. I wouldnt mind a guy like Heatley for 1 year 1.5 or so. Settoguchi for cheap could be nice too. Im not sure about the Boyle signing though. I mean I wont kill the guy until he plays for us because it could be a situation where he needed a change of scenery, but come on. That dude is a turn over machine. He will help our PP which will be great and put up some points from the blueline but I just see this as a classic Rangers signing of an old player that will be bought out or traded very soon. I will say I like that Sather didnt break the bank on him. Pretty fair contract for the dude.

As for what we lost, I wouldnt pay Stralman that much money. Im waiting for that to bite Tampa in the ass. The Boyle contract is stupid too. That dude is nothing more than a 4th liner penalty killer. Thats it. That 20 goal season was the biggest fluke ever. Happy Richards went to Chicago but I honestly think he's going to come back to NY after this year. I like how he signed short term for cheap too. Playing on that team will allow him to have a nice season stat wise and get more money next off season. However overall I just dont see the Rangers making anywhere near as much noise as they did last year. And if they want to these dudes better step the fuck up. As well as whatever prospects we bring up (Kristo please)

What scares me the most isKopitar can start negotiating a new contract July 1st 2015...

Kopitar - 2 Cups, 1 Selke Nomination, 2 All Star Games

Reg. Season

Games Goals Assists Points +/- PPG

604 202 344 546 47 64

Playoffs

70 18 42 60 22 3

Toews - 2 cups, 1 selke, 1 Conn Smythe, 3 All Star Games

Reg Season

484 195 245 440 141 50

Playoffs