NHL Discussion

They did, but if you have a passport, it's still easy as balls to go across. They even have enhanced licenses or some shit that's even easier now.

I think the green card is part of the problem. My Russian friend got questioned hard all the time until he became a legit citizen.

I'll take that as an apology.

I was born grew up in Toronto/Belleville Ontario. Went to Buffalo many times. I now live in Tampa and am a permanent resident. Any time I enter the US from anywhere for any reason, I get the 9th degree. If I was shitfaced when doing this, I can only imagine my treatment.

I'm not certain as to whether I want to obtain Citizenship. I'm eligible now. I don't know.

I think they changed border regulations to mandate carrying a passport. That should make things more difficult if I'm thinking right.

if you're driving over the boarder from Canada to the US you don't need a passport. i know ontario residents can get across the boarder with one of the new ontario drivers licenses.

I think they changed border regulations to mandate carrying a passport. That should make things more difficult if I'm thinking right.

if you're driving over the boarder from Canada to the US you don't need a passport. i know ontario residents can get across the boarder with one of the new ontario drivers licenses.

What about the other way around?

i like the poll on the ESPN homepage:

when it comes to the pens/wings game 7, which best describes you

- big nhl fan, of course i am watching

- casual nhl fan and i am watching

- not an nhl fan but i am watching

- not an nhl fan and not watching

i am expecting the ratings on this game to be pretty high, which is great for hockey.

While I miss the days of Les Nordiques, I believe that Hamilton is the wisest choice for the time being.

I say this because Quebec City, and Winnipeg, for that matter, are so isolated geographically. Winnipeg is close to nothing. Quebec City, with the exception of Montreal, is close to nothing of substance except trees, hydro-electric dams, and francophone separatists drinking warm Labatt 50. If the local fan base becomes disenfranchised after a long spell of losing seasons, there are no other populations nearby to draw more loyal fans from. I could be wrong, but I think this was part of the reason both teams left in the first place.

Hamilton, which is 90 minutes from everywhere in Southern Ontario and has over 12 million people regionally to draw from, won't have this problem.

As for AHL/OHL/WHL/QMJHL attendance stats, it's kind of misleading. The Owen Sound Attack of the OHL draw around 2,200 fans to a game. The population of Owen Sound is only 22,000. That's 10% of the entire city at that hockey game. What's the more impressive figure?

If Glendale could do that night after night, we may not be having this conversation at all.

The Jets left winnipeg because at that time the municipal and provincial governments had no interest in putting money into a new arena, that and a lack of corporate support were the reasons the jets left, it had nothing to do with losing seasons or fan support, they made even made the playoffs the year they left.

while i would love a team back here i doubt it is going to happen for 2 reasons, 1. our brand new arena is too small, it only holds just over 15,000 and 2. there are not enough major corporations to sponsor a team.

What about the other way around?

no clue. it's your fascist government who started this whole you need a passport to cross the boarder thing anyways.

if i had to guess i'd say you probably need a passport to get into canada now as well. i can't see a rule/law/regulation like that only applying one way. unless of course you have fancy new drivers license's like the ontario ones down in the states.

washington has those fancy licenses - but they really only work for us/canada travel

i have been up to vancouver twice, using a passport. going into canada, no line at customs and 5 mins talking to the border agent when its your turn. coming back into the states, hour line at customs and much more likely to get searched and more questions from the dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOSa-sdQswo&hl=en&fs=1

19 years ago today the Pens hired Badger Bob to coach the team.

[image]

Today Mario Lemieux was knighted

[image]

The last professional team to win on the road in game 7, The Pittsburgh Pirates in 1979 against the Orioles.

[image]

Tonight the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the Detroit Tigers at PNC Park. The Pirates defeated the Tigers in the first World Series to go 7 games.

[image]

This is the 87th game of the playoffs.

[image]

"I think about it a lot, especially these last (two) weeks," he said, smiling before finishing the sentence. "It's my dream. Me and Sid, just like that."

That is a photo Malkin has seen in several spots at Mellon Arena during his three years in Pittsburgh. The shot is of former Penguins stars Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr smiling as they grip the Stanley Cup from opposite sides. It was taken on June 1, 1992, from a champagne-soaked visiting dressing room at Chicago Stadium.

https://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_18676_07.jpg

IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR HOCKEY!

LET'S GO PENS!

[image]

hey sammy - you heard about this?

"Sources indicate that a blockbuster trade could very well be in the works involving Anaheim and the LA Kings.

The trade would involve Chris Pronger going to Los Angeles.

Nothing has been confirmed as we sit right now.

More to come,

Andy Strickland "

the original said pronger to kings for jack johnson and the #5 pick.

seems like a strange deal for the kings to make and while jack johnson might be a little overrated that's a huge return for the ducks.