NHL Discussion

Game 5 will never happen again.

what about game 1 and 2?

detroit being 11-1 and outscoring the pens 11-2 at home in thee playoffs is quite the fucking mountain to climb.

Games 1 & 2, you mean the ones that were slightly tilted to the Pens? The two games most folks agree Detroit got some lucky bounces? The Red Wings won those two, but they outplayed the Pens in Game #3 and lost.

a 5-0 nothing blowout? you have had ZERO luck at Detroit this series. remember that.

Remember, that means nothing ;)

a blowout means a lot of things, it means you were so out-played in detroit that it was amazing.

you are entering the lion's den.

should be an all out game though, looking forward to it.

Detroit doesn't lose much at home in the playoffs.

let alone game 7 of the stanley cup finals.

BRING IT ON.

a blowout means a lot of things, it means you were so out-played in detroit that it was amazing.

you are entering the lion's den.

should be an all out game though, looking forward to it.

Detroit doesn't lose much at home in the playoffs.

let alone game 7 of the stanley cup finals.

BRING IT ON.

If you're mentioning the Lions in order to defend the Red Wings then Detroit is in trouble ;)

I'm hoping it'll be a close game, but you Detroit guys on here seem to think Lidstrom has lifted the Cup. It's Game 7, anything can happen.

How about little Tyler Kennedy last night. Game of his career. He's been one of the best players for the team in black and gold in this series, he deserved that goal for all the hard work.

Whatever Rob Scuderi wants this off-season, give it to him.

So lets say for 10 minutes the Wings played like utter crap, took some bad penalties and the Pens capitalized. I'm sure you'd be blowing it off as a "one-off," wouldn't you? Goals don't carry over, one win is one win. Sure, its cause for concern anyone who pretends otherwise is delusional. By similarly delusional is any Wings fan who thinks Game 7 is a guaranteed win.

Kirby is right in that the Pens played better in Game 1 and 2 than they did in Game 3. The Wings won the first two games 3-1. That's a pretty close game. Especially given the first goal in game one was that weird bounce off the back boards. That's most likely not going to happen again.

I'm looking forward to Friday for the game.

KIRB or anyone else...

I need a way to broadcast the game at my Bayside show in Erie this friday... is the game broadcast via web radio anywhere that I can play it off my ipod touch w/ wifi through the venue's PA between bands? does anyone know of anything? the show will be over around 9:30/10PM at the latest, so worst case senario, I miss most of the game, catch the 3rd and then re-watch the Pens victory on DVR at home. let me know if anyone knows of anything... does WXDX have a postcast of the game?

A blowout is not indicative of anything except a badly played game. These happen from time to time in the NHL.

Posting Detroit's impressive home record of 11-1 just shows me that they're capable of losing at home.

This is going to be a great game. Either team could easily win.

Adrenaline, anxiety, emotion -- these are the equalizers in game 7 cup final situations. Everything else is of less importance -- especially statistics.

Complacency -- this is the language of the ignorant. And often the loser.

KIRB or anyone else...

I need a way to broadcast the game at my Bayside show in Erie this friday... is the game broadcast via web radio anywhere that I can play it off my ipod touch w/ wifi through the venue's PA between bands? does anyone know of anything? the show will be over around 9:30/10PM at the latest, so worst case senario, I miss most of the game, catch the 3rd and then re-watch the Pens victory on DVR at home. let me know if anyone knows of anything... does WXDX have a postcast of the game?

WXDX.com has an audio stream of it, as does NHL.com.

oh, i immensely respect the penguins team, don't get me wrong.

but to say games 1 and 2 they played better. just isn't the case. bottom line. they lost. you can play awesome forever and ever but unless you light up that board. its just ice skating.

the Wings have not lost at home this series, neither have the pens.

the game is in Detroit, by that logic alone i'm giving the edge to detroit. not to mention its gonna be a physical, hard, and awesome game.

Pittsburgh needs to know they have an uphill battle though.

fuck i wish it was against you guys every year, you guys are actually polite fans (for the most part)

But there's no real pressure on Pitt to win, everyone is betting they're going to lose. The expectations lie squarely with the Wings. And I disagree you about Game 1 and 2 when you're speaking out projections for another game. The point is, from my perspective, the Pens have the ability to play well in JLA. That's the only thing worth mentioning. The Wings can lose at home, the Pens can play well in Detroit. Nothing more than that, its not meant as a prediction just as an establishment of fact.

The Pens won in Detroit in the beginning of the season, OT 6-5. One of the best games of the regular season IMO.

That means the Pens are currently 1-4 in Detroit this year. They can win there.

A team can still play better in a loss. There's no doubt amongst almost any article I've read or from the fans that the Red Wings played a better game 3, the bounces just went the Pens way that time. Fleury played a better game than Osgood, but the Red Wings were a tick better than the Pens. Games 1 & 2 featured a lot of goals on lucky bounces or plays (for both teams), but the Pens carried the majority of the play.

In the end, only winning matters for who was better, but a team can play better and still lose.

KIRB or anyone else...

WXDX.com has an audio stream of it, as does NHL.com.

can I stream the audio through my ipod touch through any sort of widgets? I don't have an audio cord for my laptop for the PA, but they have a dock for an ipod/itouch.

The Pens won in Detroit in the beginning of the season, OT 6-5. One of the best games of the regular season IMO.

That means the Pens are currently 1-4 in Detroit this year. They can win there.

A team can still play better in a loss. There's no doubt amongst almost any article I've read or from the fans that the Red Wings played a better game 3, the bounces just went the Pens way that time. Fleury played a better game than Osgood, but the Red Wings were a tick better than the Pens. Games 1 & 2 featured a lot of goals on lucky bounces or plays (for both teams), but the Pens carried the majority of the play.

In the end, only winning matters for who was better, but a team can play better and still lose.

thought that OT win was 7-6?

But there's no real pressure on Pitt to win, everyone is betting they're going to lose. The expectations lie squarely with the Wings. And I disagree you about Game 1 and 2 when you're speaking out projections for another game. The point is, from my perspective, the Pens have the ability to play well in JLA. That's the only thing worth mentioning. The Wings can lose at home, the Pens can play well in Detroit. Nothing more than that, its not meant as a prediction just as an establishment of fact.

I wouldn't say NO pressure, but Detroit does have the bulk of it. The Pens have to worry about going into that they haven't had much success in and haven't won a game in 2009. There's the game 7 pressure, losing to the same team twice two years in a row, the Hossa stuff, etc... but they're the underdog and I think teams like that and use it as a great motivation in all sports.

So....

Looks like Balsillie just might get his wish.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281454

Looks like the judge is smart enough to realize the comedy of errors on both sides of this one by forcing Gary to play and penalizing Jim for not playing by the rules.

Someone should start an account for donations to help cover the relocation fee. I'd contribute. I'm sure 100mil could be raised pretty easily in hockey rabid/starved southern Ontario.

It wasn't necessarily fan support, though that was part of it.

This is an interesting little article on the Coyotes attendance.

http://www.fromtherink.com/2009/6/3/897211/the-coyotes-attendance-figures

Tickets, in a respectible number, are being sold. But there's a drastic discrepancy in the number of tickets sold vs. the number of bodies passing through turnstyles.

This discrepancy figure, when keeping concessions and memorabillia in mind, equals a huge amount of dollars in "missing" revenue. The price of the ticket itself isn't where the money comes from. I know I can't walk into Times Forum without dropping at least a Ulysses -- and that's when I go alone.

Bad business is what tipped the scales.

And bad drafting on the hockey side. Damn those are some horrid picks.