NHL Discussion

TSN.ca is reporting Heatley wants out of Ottawa. I would wet myself if the Kings could swing that. Oh that would be amazing. To have him playing with Kopitar would be fabulous. And to have Heater and Brown for the power play you would always have someone parked in front of the net. I couldn't think of a better fit for the Kings, well anyone really but the Kings since they're my team. I'm palpably excited. Do it Deano!

I'd kill Jason Blake myself if it meant landing Heatley.

Since my murder would be of the calculated and cold blooded variety, it would nullify any ill feelings towards Heatley and his unfortunate accident that pretty much everyone has forgotten about anyway.

All of Southern Ontario would be so overjoyed by my actions that there'd be a petition to the government with over 6 million signatures stating my actions were for the greater good of the land and that my immediate release from prison is mandatory. The government would comply and start spending the anticipated excess beer revenue from an imminent Leafs playoff appearance the following season.

The world would be in balance once again.

"Unfortunate accident" is very understated.

I'm not saying he's really a murderer, but driving like the world's biggest asshole and killing your friend isn't really forgivable in my book. If this were "Joe Sixpack" on the 5pm news, what would your reaction be? Because it was a high-profile NHL player everyone is so forgiving.

He was crushed his friend died and while he was driving I'm not sure anyone can know with certainty his passenger was totally against the speed being driven. I'd wager the opposite to be true.

I'd kill Jason Blake myself if it meant landing Heatley.

Since my murder would be of the calculated and cold blooded variety, it would nullify any ill feelings towards Heatley and his unfortunate accident that pretty much everyone has forgotten about anyway.

All of Southern Ontario would be so overjoyed by my actions that there'd be a petition to the government with over 6 million signatures stating my actions were for the greater good of the land and that my immediate release from prison is mandatory. The government would comply and start spending the anticipated excess beer revenue from an imminent Leafs playoff appearance the following season.

The world would be in balance once again.

In LA we called him "Mini Me"

I'm not saying he's really a murderer, but driving like the world's biggest asshole and killing your friend isn't really forgivable in my book. If this were "Joe Sixpack" on the 5pm news, what would your reaction be? Because it was a high-profile NHL player everyone is so forgiving.

If I recall correctly, the victim's family has been very forgiving.

My reaction would be the same as that I have when Mildred Geriatric causes a 4 car pileup here in the Tampa Bay area nearly every day.

So long as alcohol is not involved -- it wasn't with Heatley -- an accident is an accident; whether it be Mildred Geriatric forgetting which pedal is which, Joe Sixpack talking on his phone, or Dany Heatley showing off his car to a friend.

Honestly to me its akin to screaming at Josh Hamilton about his heroin use.

My reaction would be the same as that I have when Mildred Geriatric causes a 4 car pileup here in the Tampa Bay area nearly every day.

So long as alcohol is not involved -- it wasn't with Heatley -- an accident is an accident; whether it be Mildred Geriatric forgetting which pedal is which, Joe Sixpack talking on his phone, or Dany Heatley showing off his car to a friend.

There was "some" alcohol involved.