NHL Discussion

I can't believe the Blues have won 7 in a row and are off to their best start in franchise history. Defense and goal tending have been amazing but I'm still really concerned about their scoring.

This team is so fun to watch right now. The Blues and Bruins game on Saturday was the best game I've seen so far this season.

I can't believe the Blues have won 7 in a row and are off to their best start in franchise history. Defense and goal tending have been amazing but I'm still really concerned about their scoring.

This team is so fun to watch right now. The Blues and Bruins game on Saturday was the best game I've seen so far this season.

I'm glad you like Halak this year. He's a really good goaltender and i was pissed when the Habs trade him. Eller is doing ok with us this year and i hope he will have a chance on our first or second line pretty soon.

I'm glad you like Halak this year. He's a really good goaltender and i was pissed when the Habs trade him. Eller is doing ok with us this year and i hope he will have a chance on our first or second line pretty soon.

Halak is killing it so far this season. After he shut out the Sharks, he threw his trapper into the stands!

There were a good amount of people upset when we traded Eller. Number 1 goalies don't grow on trees though and we really needed Jaro.

thoughts on coaches challenge? was talked about at the GM meeting but didn't get much support.

but I do understand where Tallon is coming from.. after that obvious missed call costing Florida the game a couple weeks back (the Orr goalie interference that wasn't called)

I just don't see how it would work though.

thoughts on coaches challenge? was talked about at the GM meeting but didn't get much support.

but I do understand where Tallon is coming from.. after that obvious missed call costing Florida the game a couple weeks back (the Orr goalie interference that wasn't called)

I just don't see how it would work though.

I think it needs to be limited on to what can be challenged. goalie interference is one i think that is necessary, anything that might cause a player to bleed like a slash that rises to the face, or something that might seriously injure a player like boarding that goes unseen/called should be challenged. holding/tripping/hooking/etc. should be left alone though. also, one a game should be the limit, if ythey do implement this. but i wont care if they dont do this. its not a necessity

It looks like they're going to make some changes to the All-Star Game.

I never really watch those, they're so boring, but I like one idea I hear. Have captains pick teams. The NHL is playing to old school hockey w/ outdoor games and throwback jerseys, so this sound like a good idea too.

So I guess this new format is go...

• There will two captains, one for each team. According to Postmedia, NHL players in the all-star pool will vote for the captains.

• The fans will vote for the starters for each team.

• The NHL will create a pool of "reserves" from which the captains will fill out their rosters regardless of conference affiliation.

What do you guys think?

It's going to be Crosby vs. Ovechkin, which might be a bit overkill this year w/ the Winter Classic, so I hope they don't pick those two, but it seems obvious.

Nice article and some questions about this over at Puck Daddy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Six-questions-about-the-new-NHL-All-Star-Game-fo?urn=nhl-284101&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

the captains picking the teams is kinda cool, gives you a chance to possibly see some Eastern and Western guys on a line together, when you might not ever see it otherwise.

but with that said, the game is still going to suck. only thing decent about all star weekend is the skill competition