NHL Discussion

100resolutions: stubhub and the local acetickets.com are good bets.

hint: i recently went down to DC and wanted to see caps vs. atl and tickets were pretty damn pricey. waited until a couple hours before the game and the ticket prices dropped like crazy.

i'd suggest watching ticket prices on DAY OF GAME tickets for the bruins in the next couple of weeks. if the same thing happens then go that route.

ive found some insane deals on craigslist for pens tickets... just scored winterclassic tickets for almost face-value, really pumped. hope it doesnt rain

That's awesome, I'm thinking about getting some now that they're going to be dropping in price w/ people worried. If I can get close to face value I'll feel comfortable w/ it.

A few weeks ago there were intense rumors of Terry Pegula, the guy who donated something like $88 million to Penn State for a hockey program, buying the Sabres off Tom Golisano. The Sabres denied everything, but the rumors are back again, with our NBC affiliate telling us that it will be announced at the end of the IIHF tournament in Buffalo. $175 million deal, Pegula dedicated to keeping the Sabres here, and he seems to know and love hockey. I'm pumped and I know a lot of other people are/will be.

I wonder how Crosby and Ovechkin actually feel about each other having this stupid rivalry forced on them.

And it's fairly ridiculous that Pittsburgh gets two of the four winter classics just because of Crosby.

its not a stupid rivalry, the pens/caps have been rivals since the 80s, crosby and ovechkin are the top two players in the NHL, they're rivals, nothing is forced.

Maybe people say the Pens/Caps rivalry is forced because we always dominated the Caps? haha

I think the tipping point for this rivalry was when Mario beat the capitals in the cup playoffs when they were down 3-1, only to take the nest 4 games and win the cup... Mario was a beast and just dominated them.

Then the Caps were straight garbage and had no one, so there WAS no rivalry.

Then all of a sudden Crosby and Ovechkin arrive and the NHL sees this as their opportunity to stir some shit up, force them to hate each other, focus on every single match-up they have like it's the Stanly Cup, have them square off in commercials, and have HBO people follow them around like it's literally just a one-on-one game.

Maybe that's why people say it's forced.

Then the Caps were straight garbage and had no one, so there WAS no rivalry.

Then all of a sudden Crosby and Ovechkin arrive and the NHL sees this as their opportunity to stir some shit up, force them to hate each other, focus on every single match-up they have like it's the Stanly Cup, have them square off in commercials, and have HBO people follow them around like it's literally just a one-on-one game.

Maybe that's why people say it's forced.

just because a team is terrible doesnt mean there isnt a rivalry. the pens were terrible in the early 2000's, but that doesnt change the fact that pens/flyers are huge rivals.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':0g5kj0q2]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':0g5kj0q2]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

im in Toronto at the moment and watched the WJC gold medal match at a bowling alley/bar. the third period was amazing. everyone was all calm after the first russian goal. then arrogant come the second went in, which i dont really understand. then the third and they started to get concerned. once the fourth went in they just shut up. it was amazing to see the crowd just shift moods within a few minutes. the russians played a great third period, greater then the canadians first two. the media here doesnt seem to be giving the russian guys the credit they deserve. they were ferocious that last period.

• 2 weeks later...