NHL Discussion

Only saw the first period and last 4 minutes. Lots of goals scored by two crappy teams.

Blackhawks open the season at Colorado at 9 PM and I'm going to manage to miss the entire fucking game. I'm starting MY hockey season tonight as well. 9:50 PM for class #1 of my beginner hockey program. 8 weeks of class followed by 8-9 games. Should be fun.

bobby is probably a better goalie to start than boucher, might even be better to start than leighton. kid is good, pens just didnt have the bounces, i think they had 5 or 6 off the posts?

I disagree, I don't think they should rush him.. let him get a solid AHL year under his belt with the Phantoms, and go from there. Obviously play in the KHL is much different than in the NHL, and I think he's generally played about 40 games a season over there.

Glad to hear Pavelec is okay. I was out eating dinner at the bar and looked up and saw him lying on the ice. Immediately lost all my appetite. Definitely a very scary thing, but thankfully he's doing well.

Also, the Caps-Devils game tonight was INSANE. Best game I've been to in a lonnnng while. Players were lining up before face-off asking each other if they wanted to go.

im just so glad the season has started. pens are 0-2-0, two 3-2 losses, but I dont care, its hockey, its better than pirates baseball and the three games i get to watch of brewers baseball.

As the Caps and Flyers proved, what you do in the regular season doesn't matter. Qualify for the playoffs and it's a whole new ball game.

Not that this was ever anything new, but some people tend to forget that.