NHL Discussion

The Hjalmarsson hit on Pominville wasn't dirty nor was it from behind. Pominville saw him coming, turned his back to him....that shit is on him for putting himself in a vulernable position. The hit came from the side, was body-to-body and was clean. That suspension was bullshit. The Wisniewski one was legit though....should have only been 1 game, but it's a family friendly game so I could see why they'd do it.

That said, Marian Hossa is playing like a fucking maniac.

The Hjalmarsson hit on Pominville wasn't dirty nor was it from behind. Pominville saw him coming, turned his back to him....that shit is on him for putting himself in a vulernable position. The hit came from the side, was body-to-body and was clean. That suspension was bullshit. The Wisniewski one was legit though....should have only been 1 game, but it's a family friendly game so I could see why they'd do it.

That said, Marian Hossa is playing like a fucking maniac.

Are you kidding? Yes, Pomminville saw him, but he turned his back to him when he was still three feet from the blueline. He had all day to realize Pomm turned his back, yet he put his shoulder right in the middle of Pomm's back. Not even close to from the side. He could have taken one more step and ACTUALLY hit him from the side, but he didn't. He drilled him straight into the boards, with plenty of time to realize that he shouldn't have.

I don't think it was really that dirty of a hit either, and if he had got right back up instead of having the bad luck to smash his head against the boards, there would have been at maximum a boarding penalty.

The only reason why he got hurt was because he got hit REALLY hard. You can't tell a guy to not hit as hard on clean checks.

The time between Pominville seeing Hjalmarsson and turning his back was less than a second. It's not like Hjalmarsson had time to realize he looked away and didn't protect himself and stop. Pominville looked, then said "meh, he won't hit me" and went on with the business of playing the puck. He got caught with his head down and he paid the price. It's his job to protect himself, not Hjalmarsson's to give up on laying a guy out.

I have no ill will towards Buffalo or Pominville. It just wasn't a dirty hit. You shouldn't get a suspension because you hurt someone on a clean play.

A second is a long time. Things happen a lot quicker than that and you can react on the ice. He knew his back was turned and hit him anyway. You can't, absolutely cannot, call that hit clean.

You can say it wasn't intentional, but he had the time to react, he just didn't.

This is 20 years of hockey experience. Hell, I'm sitting at a rink and watching people at game speed right now.

Gonchar is sucking the big one so far. Had to drop him from my roster.

Yeah but it's not only Gonchar, the whole team sucks since the beginning of the year, except for yesterday. I think it was the first two points of Kovalev...not bad for a 5 millions guy!! I'm more than happy that the Habs let him go last year.

I love how the Habs is playing right now. I was at the game last night and the atmosphere was insane. We're now 1st in the East with Tampa Bay and we're playing against The Islanders and the Panthers this weekend. We have to take these two games and step up with 4 wins this week!

And by the way, i don't know if you guys saw Plekanec played this year, he's just spectacular on the ice.