NHL Discussion

Yea, even though I don't mind the shootout, the fact that it decides games is dumb. If you want a win, you should score a goal in regular play. If you can't, then what's wrong with a tie, orrr play until someone DOES score a goal. Worried about players getting tired and the risk of injury? Score a goal earlier.

And such.

OT should be longer, i do agree, but the shootout has led to more excitement in the sport, you cant deny going to a game and getting really pumped/excited when it goes to a shootout. nothing was more boring than a game ending in a tie, i am glad that is over in the NHL.

I am a leaf fan, I haven't been to a game since they played in the gardens. And if I went to one I wouldn't get pumped for a shootout.

does anyone on here have any suggestions on sites to watch for winter classic tickets on that wont rape me on service fee's? all tickets are going to be overpriced as it is, just curious if anyone has any sites they prefer to buy from. looking for 2 tickets for a christmas gift+something else. thanks :)

So I'm curious, what do people outside of Atlanta think of the Thrashers this year? We've got a pretty decent team and still can't fill the building. The marketing ploy of having 4 (used to be 5) black guys on the team isn't working.

this surely is not the way to try and fill the building..

http://www.examiner.com/atlanta-thrashers-in-atlanta/thrashers-stage-arrest-of-mascot-stunt-to-sell-tickets

I buy tickets off of stub hub for caps games and have never had a problem. Sometimes you can get them cheap, but if it's almost a sold out game they probably won't be. I know on the caps website you can buy tickets from season ticket holders slightly above what they payed. Not sure if the bruins have that but it's worth a try.

yeah, I have gotten a lot of great deals on StubHub, I usually buy day of though, make plans to go, and buy tickets an hour or two before game time. The key is to get tickets with 'instant download' so you save like $14 on delivery/last minute services. I have season tickets which I sell a most of games for $10-$25 over what I pay, and then if I decide I do want to go that night, get tickets for ~$10 off stubhub.

yeah, I have gotten a lot of great deals on StubHub, I usually buy day of though, make plans to go, and buy tickets an hour or two before game time. The key is to get tickets with 'instant download' so you save like $14 on delivery/last minute services. I have season tickets which I sell a most of games for $10-$25 over what I pay, and then if I decide I do want to go that night, get tickets for ~$10 off stubhub.

Ok sounds good. Thanks for the tip!