NHL Discussion

Who on here didn't think the Flyers were a dirty team?

Carcillo was a douche w/ that hit to Talbot's head at the end. The pointless slash on Guerin. Whoever tried to break Staal's neck against the boards is a joke. Hartnell, well the 16 penalty minute speak for themselves.

It's going to be a nasty series -- I hope Godard gets in on Friday, because I don't want to see that nasty stuff against Malkin and Crosby.

1-0 Pens.

Carcillo was a douche w/ that hit to Talbot's head at the end. The pointless slash on Guerin. Whoever tried to break Staal's neck against the boards is a joke. Hartnell, well the 16 penalty minute speak for themselves.

It's going to be a nasty series -- I hope Godard gets in on Friday, because I don't want to see that nasty stuff against Malkin and Crosby.

1-0 Pens.

meh, dirty? who knows. I think a couple of hartnells penalties were total BS. especially the goaltending interference at the end of the period. the ref was turned around and didn't see anything and hartnell got pushed in.

alberts slashing penalty was weird and man, he sucked hard tonight.

parent (the guy who hit staal) isn't a dirty player but that hit was very borderline.

awful game for the flyers...some of the penalties called against them in the beginning of the game i thought were kinda BS (asham's) but overall, flyers were dominated.

thankfully that was only game one and i hope it wakes them the fuck up. a win on friday and it's all good.

----

i updated the spreadsheet. if i didn't miss anything we have 10 people and the only wager left is thrillo's.

Balls and fuck, I would have loved to have gotten in on the pool but that's what I get for not checking things out for a couple days.

Hockey from 4-10pm every day makes me a happy camper. I'm looking forward to the next game in the battle of Pennsylvania, that series is gonna have some casualties. I used to be a big-time Flyers fan back when they had Brind'Amour, but playing like they did last night pisses me off.

Oh, and Go Canucks!

1-0 Pens.

meh, dirty? who knows. I think a couple of hartnells penalties were total BS. especially the goaltending interference at the end of the period. the ref was turned around and didn't see anything and hartnell got pushed in.

parent (the guy who hit staal) isn't a dirty player but that hit was very borderline.

awful game for the flyers...some of the penalties called against them in the beginning of the game i thought were kinda BS (asham's) but overall, flyers were dominated.

thankfully that was only game one and i hope it wakes them the fuck up. a win on friday and it's all good.

----

i updated the spreadsheet. if i didn't miss anything we have 10 people and the only wager left is thrillo's.

not to really be a dick or anything, but I was at the game last night, on the side the flyers shot twice on, hartnell wasn't pushed into Fluery on that penalty, he knocked him over on his own after the puck went past the net. He absolutely deserved that penalty.

how about that check at the end of the 2nd period that Richards got a penalty for? You know, the one where he left his skates and wrecked Fedetenko with a second left on the clock? he stayed on the ice while the rest of the team went off and was chirpin away at the ref. And people say Crosby whines... he was out there for a good minute after the period was done.

Also, how about that high stick that wasn't called when Cooke's face got fucked up by Hartnell. He got away with a number of shots he took on players, but seriously, he took almost 20 minutes of penalties last night. Why anyone would want that liability on their team, I don't know...

plus, they took 18 minutes of penalties in the last 3 minutes of the game...

What was sweet was that I got to meet Bill Guerins wife, his 3 daughters and I think it was his brother or cousin and his two sons before the game. They were sitting right in front of us during warm ups watching him. He kept making faces at them, it was funny, they were so happy. Also, I met Skyoras wife and their baby son.

[image]

also, the mellon arena staff sucks. they were so rude. guerin smashed his stick on the glass near his kids when they were turned around, it was so loud, and this dude comes down and says "you kids stop banging on the glass, you need to not stand there." how can a kid make noise like that?! he was such a jerk to them when people came down to sit in their seats that they were standing near. fuck, I hope the new arena hires different people...

also, the mellon arena staff sucks. they were so rude. guerin smashed his stick on the glass near his kids when they were turned around, it was so loud, and this dude comes down and says "you kids stop banging on the glass, you need to not stand there." how can a kid make noise like that?! he was such a jerk to them when people came down to sit in their seats that they were standing near. fuck, I hope the new arena hires different people...

You missed a segment on the new arena during one of the intermissions. The seats were HUGE! They looked like 1st class airplane seats. I wasn't paying too much attention, but they also mentioned seats being around $22 to $50 along the top bowl!

----

not to really be a dick or anything, but I was at the game last night, on the side the flyers shot twice on, hartnell wasn't pushed into Fluery on that penalty, he knocked him over on his own after the puck went past the net. He absolutely deserved that penalty.

how about that check at the end of the 2nd period that Richards got a penalty for? You know, the one where he left his skates and wrecked Fedetenko with a second left on the clock? he stayed on the ice while the rest of the team went off and was chirpin away at the ref. And people say Crosby whines... he was out there for a good minute after the period was done.

Also, how about that high stick that wasn't called when Cooke's face got fucked up by Hartnell. He got away with a number of shots he took on players, but seriously, he took almost 20 minutes of penalties last night. Why anyone would want that liability on their team, I don't know...

plus, they took 18 minutes of penalties in the last 3 minutes of the game...

What was sweet was that I got to meet Bill Guerins wife, his 3 daughters and I think it was his brother or cousin and his two sons before the game. They were sitting right in front of us during warm ups watching him. He kept making faces at them, it was funny, they were so happy. Also, I met Skyoras wife and their baby son.

[image]

i highly disagree that hartnell wasn't pushed in. what frustrates me the most on that call though is that you can see the ref not looking when it happened and it was just a reaction call.

richards didn't get a penalty. i saw the hit in the corner of the TV and didn't see anything bad, but cbc didn't show any replay, and obviously i can't speak to the fact that richards was talking to the ref.

i'm pretty sure it was carle's stick that gave cooke a bloody nose - in front of the net right?

hartnell took a few stupid penalties...no question. his first roughing was stupid, i think the interference was a BS call, i don't remember the trip so it was probably a legit trip. cbc didn't show what he did to get the 10 min at the end of the game, so who knows.

as much as i despise crosby he brought it more on every shift than carter, richards, hartnell, gagne, knuble combined. so that's disappointing.

about guerin. I use to play with this kid who's dad was his cousin i think? specifically the year he was traded from boston to dallas. i just remember the dude went from repping bruins gear to everything to full out stars the next day.