NHL Discussion

Nobody should get suspended in the playoffs unless you pull a Todd Bertuzzi.

I'm disappointed with all of the half-baked penalties I've been seeing. This is the time of year to take off the skirts and get it done.

While I don't want a pansy league, things have to be policed before things get a little too far out of hand -- especially at the end of a game.

In Pittsburgh we have fond memories of Adam Graves' slash w/ intent to injure on Mario Lemieux -- would hate to see that happen to any player.

last 21 seconds of the game... when it was pretty much over.

[Philadelphia Flyers] 19:41 Andrew Alberts : Slashing - 2 min

[Philadelphia Flyers] 19:41 Arron Asham : Roughing - 2 min

[Philadelphia Flyers] 19:46 Ryan Parent : Cross checking - 2 min

[Philadelphia Flyers] 19:46 HART NELL : Misconduct (10 min)

[Pittsburgh Penguins] 19:53 Bill Guerin : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

[Philadelphia Flyers] 19:53 Braydon Coburn : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

there is an obvious bias against the flyers. last night proved it.

it's a shame, but what are you going to do?

tonight is a must win.

Obvious bias? C'mon man, you keep going to this lazy points. If the game was so biased, then why did Orpik get called on a b.s. Interference call (or maybe it was his Elbowing penalty) or why was there no call on the Cooke thing (which would have been a 4-minute penalty).

I try not to complain about refs, because it's a very difficult job and nothing can be 100% perfect. There have been times when I've been frustrated w/ them, but to say there is a bias is just flat out lazy discussion.

Mike, I think Cote is out for the entire playoffs, no?!

For those that haven't seen the replay or anything:

[image]

That's from the Empty Netters blog

Cote is out. He had hand surgery. He shouldn't play at all during the playoffs.

I missed it in all the replays of the first game, what did Hartnell do to get the misconduct at the end? I thought you had to commit a penalty of some kind to gain the misconduct. Not that he didn't deserve to get tossed, but he didn't get 5 for fighting. I don't understand.

there is an obvious bias against the flyers. last night proved it.

it's a shame, but what are you going to do?

tonight is a must win.

Obvious bias? C'mon man, you keep going to this lazy points. If the game was so biased, then why did Orpik get called on a b.s. Interference call (or maybe it was his Elbowing penalty) or why was there no call on the Cooke thing (which would have been a 4-minute penalty).

I try not to complain about refs, because it's a very difficult job and nothing can be 100% perfect. There have been times when I've been frustrated w/ them, but to say there is a bias is just flat out lazy discussion.

Mike, I think Cote is out for the entire playoffs, no?!

For those that haven't seen the replay or anything:

[image]

That's from the Empty Netters blog

I dunno, he missed the last 4 games of the season with a hurt finger, so if its broken he very well could be out. I was at the game monday, so i didnt get to hear anything when they were talking about scratches, just that both Cote and Goddard were scratched with Satan.

Cote is out. He had hand surgery. He shouldn't play at all during the playoffs.

I missed it in all the replays of the first game, what did Hartnell do to get the misconduct at the end? I thought you had to commit a penalty of some kind to gain the misconduct. Not that he didn't deserve to get tossed, but he didn't get 5 for fighting. I don't understand.

I'll see if I can find more.

Also, is Timonnen okay? I know he got hit pretty hard at the beginning of the game, is he playing tonight?

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':1d3uc9jx]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':1d3uc9jx]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

cote is out. even if he was healthy he wouldn't have dressed in the playoffs at all.

i'm not denying that carcillo punched talbot. but he didn't hit him with his stick, and shouldn't get suspended. Cammalerri's was worse and then if the league is going to claim that they suspended carcillo for sending a message then how is the guy from montreal getting away with nothing?

kp - i'm also not saying a bias against the flyers b/c they are playing the pens. just against them compared to every other team. danny briere is a pretty stand up guy and even he was quoted as saying "i get called for things here that i didn't when I was in buffalo"

regardless, it's no excuse and the flyers need to play hard and forget about the bullshit that fans complain about.

if timonnen doesn't play we have no chance

If I remember correctly, Hartnell got the 10 min because he threw a few punches after the penalty to Parent was dished out and the clock was stopped. I can't find it online, but I am pretty sure thats what happened.

I remember them saying he got the misconduct for fighting. I just thought it was weird. Players usually get 5 for fighting and 10 for unsportsmanlike (a.k.a. being a dumbass).

On a side note, Hartnell will HAVE to cool it down. According to NHL Rule 23.3, a player with two game misconduct penalties in the playoffs will be suspended automatically for the next game. Each additional game misconduct penalty results in a game being added to the suspension.

canadiens are still going to win.

the bruins suck ass in the playoffs.

they played like shit tonight like they always do in the playoffs.

also, everyone knows the bruins can't beat the habs in the playoffs.

and if they somehow do, bruins aren't making it past round 2.

what is wrong with you? fuck history, the bruins are a fucking REAL GOOD team this year, the pussy canadiens ARE NOT. you're form boston, i would like to know why exactly you "hate" the bruins so much? whats the deal man?

If I remember correctly, Hartnell got the 10 min because he threw a few punches after the penalty to Parent was dished out and the clock was stopped. I can't find it online, but I am pretty sure thats what happened.

I remember them saying he got the misconduct for fighting. I just thought it was weird. Players usually get 5 for fighting and 10 for unsportsmanlike (a.k.a. being a dumbass).

On a side note, Hartnell will HAVE to cool it down. According to NHL Rule 23.3, a player with two game misconduct penalties in the playoffs will be suspended automatically for the next game. Each additional game misconduct penalty results in a game being added to the suspension.

I honestly don't see that happening. Seriously, Hartnell has a problem with the Pens, either they know how to really draw the frustration out of him, or he just doesn't care and does whatever he wants on the ice. Ya know? I don't deny his talent, but he seriously is such a liability on the ice...

i 100% disagree he is a liability on the ice.

he was the flyers best forward in game 1 but had 2 tacky penalties called on him which was frustrating and put the team shorthanded. i think he is going to be a big part of a victory if the flyers win.

Regardless, two funny pics from the habs/b's game last night (btw - what a shot by chara)

Kovalev lost his stick through one of those camera holes in the glass..

[image]

and guess who won?

[image]

I honestly don't see that happening. Seriously, Hartnell has a problem with the Pens, either they know how to really draw the frustration out of him, or he just doesn't care and does whatever he wants on the ice. Ya know? I don't deny his talent, but he seriously is such a liability on the ice...

I'd agree with part of that. Hartnell definitely has a problem, but I wouldn't limit it to just the Pens. Not that the Pens don't do a good job getting under his skin, but it's like his brain literally shuts off. The pens didn't do anything to him in that game, he lost his shit almost right away. Right after that first goal was scored, he was done.

Ironically, Hartnell was in the news leading up to series saying how the Flyers needed to cut down on their penalties in order to win the series.