Good action game for ps2 or 360?

thomas

As many of you know I mostly play RPGs with a few FPS. Lately I've been in a gaming slump, so I figured I'd try something new. I'm looking for a good action style game, be it survival horror or mgs style I don't care so long as it is not a fps. I think the last game outside of rpgs and fps I played was MGS1 years and years ago. So suggest away my friends, and help me overcome my gaming slump in time for left4dead!

It's kind of a hard game to find, but if you come across Indigo Prophecy that's definitely worth a try. I found my copy and recently started playing through it again. It isn't so much action. It's a pseudo point-and click game that pretty much plays like a movie. I really like unique and often overlooked games. This is where I also mention Beyond Good and Evil and/or Psychonauts which are some solid adventure games.

I also agree with those who mentioned Bully and the Lego games. Lego Star Wars is probably the best of all of them though.

I will back Indigo Prophecy. Super underrated.

Another game you can find for cheap is Still Life. Controls suck and some of the puzzles are strange but overall it's a really fun game. Especialy since you can get it for super cheap. The ending will piss you off though.

Ha. Why would I want to play a game where the ending will piss me off?

Edit: I've heard a ton of good things about Okami, but I don't know what style of game it is. I know you're a wolf and your paint or something, and that is has amazing visuals... but that is it.

360 has some good games coming out. Gears of war two is the most noticeable. Fable two is shaping up to be a good rpg adventure game. Dead rising I think is the best zombie/survivor game in years.

I never really got into the PS2, but I know god of war is a game a lot of people swear by. The Ratchet and Clank series seems to be popular. If I had more time to play games I'd pick it up.

Shadow of the Colossus. So good.

agreed, i think Scott recommended this to me when I posed a similar question earlier this year.

Also agreed, one of my all time favorite games. I sincerely hope you've got a bitchin' TV though, this game deserves, no, demands to be played on a really nice TV.

agreed, i think Scott recommended this to me when I posed a similar question earlier this year.

Also agreed, one of my all time favorite games. I sincerely hope you've got a bitchin' TV though, this game deserves, no, demands to be played on a really nice TV.

I have a CRT 720p/1080i TV. I have my ps2 hooked up with component cables as well.

I was hoping the God of War games were separate since I've always wanted to pick them up. I guess they are next on my list.

so i back the force unleashed...

but

check out assassins creed for the 360.

im going to state that the controls are really hard to get into, but the game give you AMPLE time to get used to them. so far im about 3 hours deep and the story is a bit wonky, but in a good kinda, wtf is going on way (trust me its NOTHING like you think it is) and the game is kinda stealthy like MGS, but you dont HAVE to hide all the time, if you feel like just slitting someones throat...do it...just be prepared to run away and hide afterwards..lol

i totally recommend it!