Dudes: need advice

Guest genericinsight

Guest genericinsight

Would you find it creepy if a girl came up to you and said something like "Hey I've seen you around" or "I've noticed you", basically subtly implying you find them attractive or something?

I.e., how do you talk to someone you keep seeing?

I keep seeing this guy at some shows and well, yeah, I don't know what to say. I suck.

What do I do, how do I go about this without being creepy or weird/stalker-ish?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What he's trying to say is, let's see some pictures of you. But really, I love it when a girl makes a move. I would be flattered if someone said I've noticed you. Go with a simple Hey, I've seen you at some of the shows I've been going to.. blah blah blah. Icebreaker is set up for you, really.

Guest genericinsight
What he's trying to say is, let's see some pictures of you. But really, I love it when a girl makes a move. I would be flattered if someone said I've noticed you. Go with a simple Hey, I've seen you at some of the shows I've been going to.. blah blah blah. Icebreaker is set up for you, really.

Actually the first time I saw him was on the subway a couple of weeks ago. That's part of why it may be creepy... I was sitting across from him and I may have been kind of obvious about the fact that I was checking him out and he even got off at the same stop as me.

He definitely looked like a "show-going" type at the time but I didn't know if he even lived here or not, so I was kinda surprised when I saw him the other night. I didn't even have a chance to think about what to say because a friend of mine made me leave as soon as it was over (and it was a small house show so its not like there were even a ton of people there to begin with).

Find him on myspace and send him a message. That way it's still somewhat impersonal and he can choose to act on it if he wants, thus making it a little less awkward than walking up to him, introducing yourself and then having him blow you off. I've had a few girls introduce themselves to me this way and I kinda like it -- it makes me feel pretty good.

Find him on myspace and send him a message. That way it's still somewhat impersonal and he can choose to act on it if he wants, thus making it a little less awkward than walking up to him, introducing yourself and then having him blow you off. I've had a few girls introduce themselves to me this way and I kinda like it -- it makes me feel pretty good.

how would you find someone on myspace when you don't know their name?

Say to him, hey, what did you make of 'such and such' show? It was great/bad wasn't it.

Blah Blah

You seem to go to a lot in this area, you from around here?

Ta-daaa

That's a good one. Personally, and I think most of the guys I know, are stoked when they don't have to do the legwork on new conversations.

definitely make the first move. there's nothing hotter than a girl who knows what she wants and goes and gets it. clearly you have the same taste in music, so if nothing instantly comes from it sexually (which i'd be surprised if it didn't, unless he's dating somebody), you could at least start a friendship with him and when he sees how cool you are then you hook up. it's a win-win-win.

Go up to him and say, "I'M TIRED OF YOU FOLLOWING ME EVERYWHERE! Quit stalking me!"

He'll act surprised and probably apologetic and say he doesn't know what you're talking about. Then be like, "My bad. Can I take you out to coffee to make it up to you?"

60% of the time it works everytime.

And it's odd how you don't notice someone until you really notice them and then you see them everywhere. There's a girl named Dani around here who I met at a record store and since then I've seen her at like 5 shows, but I never noticed her before then. Sometimes it just takes a nudge to get on someones radar.

I don't think it's weird at all. In high school I always used to pass this girl in between classes, and halfway into the year she told me she sees me everyday and always likes the bands on the shirts I wear, and we ended up becoming chaps. As far as I know everyone likes to be noticed. I'd just tell him.