What video games have you been playing?

Been cleaning up my old back-catalog of games in preparation for some sequels/just finishing what I've never finished. Assassin's Creed was finished yesterday. Working on Metroid Prime 3. Didn't realize I had so much left. Next is Modern Warfare 1. I'm on the last scenario and it's just too damn hard. Maybe I should knock my difficulty setting back a notch or two. Then I need to finish up Dead Space, GTA IV, Unreal Tournament's single player campaign, and the first Resistance.

What should I get next? Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, Killzone 2, or Little Big Planet? My brother's bringing me his copy of Uncharted to borrow at Christmas so I can get started on that series.

Guest eriathomas

I need to grab Assassin's Creed to try it out, since 2 looks pretty damn fun. I'm still playing Dead Space between MW2 sessions, and am about half way done I think. I'm not sure which RPG to start soon, Mass Effect or Magna Carta 2.

Guest markovianprocess

For any UK users on here, HMV are having a one day sale, DJ Hero on all consoles is down to £69.99 from the usual £90-£100.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDeta....ERO_PRO- 777535

Gears of War 2 for the 360 is also down to £11.99. This is still £35 in Game.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=4748;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=778146

Left 4 Dead 2 was £15 at Tesco, but I think this was a pricing mistake as it has been removed now.

EDIT:

Zavvi also have a sale on called Mega Mega Monday:

Borderlands, GTAIV Episodes From Liberty City, Fallout 3, PES2010 and Batman Arkham Asylum all for £17.95 delivered.

http://www.zavvi.com/games.dept

Been cleaning up my old back-catalog of games in preparation for some sequels/just finishing what I've never finished. Assassin's Creed was finished yesterday. Working on Metroid Prime 3. Didn't realize I had so much left. Next is Modern Warfare 1. I'm on the last scenario and it's just too damn hard. Maybe I should knock my difficulty setting back a notch or two. Then I need to finish up Dead Space, GTA IV, Unreal Tournament's single player campaign, and the first Resistance.

What should I get next? Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, Killzone 2, or Little Big Planet? My brother's bringing me his copy of Uncharted to borrow at Christmas so I can get started on that series.

RE. Chances are you'll blow through it in a week or so.

You guys got shafted with DJ Hero prices. I think I saw it as cheap as $100 here. (Edit - referring to the last page. For some reason, it showed up as the last post)

And Shellshock 2 (Xbox 360) isn't quite as shitty as people told me, though I'm a bit frustrated that it seems you can only hold 3 clips of ammo at a time, which you run through almost instantly. Other than that, it's a decently fun game. Worth the $13 it costs brand new.

Guest eriathomas

Has anyone played the Silent Hill game for xbox 360? Is it any good? I've heard it sucks compared to the rest of the series, but I'm still sort of curious and may want to give it a go.

Guest eriathomas

Call of Duty Classic is up on XBLA today, so I'll probably grab it. I only have 2 more levels to finish Dead Space, then I still don't know if I should start Magna Carta 2 or Mass Effect.

Call of Duty Classic is up on XBLA today, so I'll probably grab it. I only have 2 more levels to finish Dead Space, then I still don't know if I should start Magna Carta 2 or Mass Effect.

i am about 7 hours into Magna Carta, its good but kind of easy so far. that being said, the "worst of worsts" in an RPG happened to me, twice in fact, already....when your main guy dies, literally seconds before a boss is defeated!

If Fallout 3 had had a better storyline, it would've been one of the greatest games of all time. The story goes retarded after you leave the vault and is ultimately pretty unsatisfying. As it stands, it's one of the best games of recent years. I put about 85 hours into it with all of the expansions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eriathomas

I'm pretty close to the end of Magna Carta 2. It's not bad, could be better, but it is definitely better then all the reviews made it out to be. The chain-link system is pretty annoying when you are a hit away from a chain break and the bad guy dies causes both players to overheat and be out of commission for a bit.