What video games have you been playing?

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Overwatch is fun so far...I need a group to play with though. Randoms don't seem to get 1)that there are objectives...it's not team death match. And 2) not everyone can play a midrange attack character...you need support and tanks too. It seems like it's always me (shield tank) and a bunch of assholes who don't understand to get behind me and shoot through my shield. Nobody ever wants to play healer either. ::sigh::

I just downloaded the beta and bought a 12 month Playstation Plus code. Once the seller emails me the code, I'll be on.

1 hour ago, bluedeni said:

Played a couple of matches of Overwatch. Found it to be pretty fun. I got lucky and the people I played with played the roles they were supposed to plus we had a healer. I am sure that's not the norm though.

It is...not. That's rad though! I had a couple good games last night too, actually. I've taken to playing healer (I'm nuts about Zenyatta) so that has alleviated some of my frustration. People seem hesitant to play tanks (properly at least) too, which is weird to me.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

It is...not. That's rad though! I had a couple good games last night too, actually. I've taken to playing healer (I'm nuts about Zenyatta) so that has alleviated some of my frustration. People seem hesitant to play tanks (properly at least) too, which is weird to me.

My biggest fucking gripe about tanks is Reinhardts who A. play aggressively and don't use their shield or B. use their shield but constantly turn around at any new thing that shoots at them. Like goddamn son just keep facing forward. Protect a bastion or a turret. Do something useful don't spin around like a top in the middle of the chaos.

3 minutes ago, rooks said:

My biggest fucking gripe about tanks is Reinhardts who A. play aggressively and don't use their shield or B. use their shield but constantly turn around at any new thing that shoots at them. Like goddamn son just keep facing forward. Protect a bastion or a turret. Do something useful don't spin around like a top in the middle of the chaos.

right? Your job is to protect the healer and dps from the greatest threats. Your shield broke? Jump in front of them and soak up additional damage while they shoot through you

Just now, rooks said:

Just funny that they use it as a personal shield to protect themselves. OMG a tracer got off a round on me from the side, better turn 45 degrees and expose my whole team to enemy fire just to save 15 HP.

I think a big part is the lack of communication too. If you can call out that you're getting flanked on the right, so someone can take care of it, no big. But if you're new to the game/kind of don't understand what's going on and then get shot from the side, a lot of new people freak out and don't know not to turn. It's a bummer

10 minutes ago, rooks said:

@The Ghost of Randy Savage it finished downloading completely so I can play tonight. Let's solve this lack of communication and full team build problem. 

My preferences so far:

Offense: 

1. Reaper

2. Soldier

3. McCree

Defense:

1. Torbjorn

2. Junkrat

3. Mei/Hanzo tie

Tank:

1. Roadhog

2. DVA/Reinhardt (meh)

Support:

1. Mercy

2. Lucio

3. Sym/Zen although I don't think either of these should be considered Support, frankly.

Top 3 overall: Reaper//Torbjorn//Mercy

27 minutes ago, rooks said:

My preferences so far:

Offense: 

1. Reaper

2. Soldier

3. McCree

Defense:

1. Torbjorn

2. Junkrat

3. Mei/Hanzo tie

Tank:

1. Roadhog

2. DVA/Reinhardt (meh)

Support:

1. Mercy

2. Lucio

3. Sym/Zen although I don't think either of these should be considered Support, frankly.

Top 3 overall: Reaper//Torbjorn//Mercy

With you on the first two, though I think McClellan hops up to 1 on offense, and I like junkrat a lot. Tank in a Reinhardt/Winston guy. Support I'm Zen. I play him pretty heavily in the support role though, tossing out healing orbs to whoever needs them. Discord orbs to baddies, charge shot once in a while. I did have a 5 kill streak last night even heavily focusing on healing though, so you may be right.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

With you on the first two, though I think McClellan hops up to 1 on offense, and I like junkrat a lot. Tank in a Reinhardt/Winston guy. Support I'm Zen. I play him pretty heavily in the support role though, tossing out healing orbs to whoever needs them. Discord orbs to baddies, charge shot once in a while. I did have a 5 kill streak last night even heavily focusing on healing though, so you may be right.

lmao - you on that McClellan grind?

2417-004-F6274A64.jpg

2 minutes ago, bluedeni said:

At first I was like huh? And then I scrolled up. Sorry, small phone and big thumbs.

Hahaha no worries I was just like "damn, what'd I do."

Was worried for a minute the dude in the pic was like a war criminal or something haha. I just grabbed it from google cause i thought it was funny. ;)