What video games have you been playing?

I'm gonna be fuckin' pissed if they release updated systems. I've had my One for less than two years and have only played a handful of games that truly felt like next gen shit.

Personally I've had my PS4 since launch and I've clocked a HELL of a lot of hours on it, so I'm not too fussed about an upgrade as I know it'll be well used, and it IS optional.

That said, I think your comments are probably going to be reflected across a lot of the PS4 community. Think of the people who have only bought one in the last 6 months, they're gonna be pissed! And I can understand why, I'd be concerned about getting left behind even if Sony say you won't be.

My other concern is that this reflects on PSVR. I have a feeling it's not gonna run THAT well on the original PS4, and that the new one has been specifically designed to push for smoother play with it....

I'm gonna be fuckin' pissed if they release updated systems. I've had my One for less than two years and have only played a handful of games that truly felt like next gen shit.

today they announce the ceasing of production on 360 consoles, tomorrow they announce the also awfully titled "Xbox One-Two"

Probably the one thing I've liked about Console VS PC is the fact you DON'T need to upgrade hardware on the console.

I think it's stupid releasing 2.0 consoles like they're talking about so early in this current gen. Doesn't sound like little changes either, like when they made "slim" 360/PS3 models...

My friend argues its impossible, and he is probably right. I know little of how the PSVR works or what it can handle. I can however envision full-field third person view gameplay, just like what is presented on the television, engulfing and encircling my field of view. maybe that's not what console vr will be, but one can dream....

Square isnt as profitable as they once were, unless Sony is dumping the money into it I'd imagine this game is going to be what everyone is already expecting it to be. Keep in mind this isn't a Sony exclusive title, that's a huge financial investment to make on a single version of a game.

Microsoft won't do this unless this works well for Sony, which seems really up in the air. Seems more likely that Microsoft would make Xbox One games PC compatible before putting out a One.Two.

Probably the one thing I've liked about Console VS PC is the fact you DON'T need to upgrade hardware on the console.

This 100%. Consoles aren't smartphones, incremental updates don't seem like something your moderate video game player is interested in doing. $400 every two years? You're better off building a gaming rig and tearing up Steam sales. I play games on consoles for simplicity, I know this will play all software made for it and I don't have to update drivers or swap out hardware. If consoles go in this direction I can't see myself playing games on them in the future.

I think it's stupid releasing 2.0 consoles like they're talking about so early in this current gen. Doesn't sound like little changes either, like when they made "slim" 360/PS3 models...

This. I choose consoles so I don't have to constantly sink money into it. I have plenty of shit to spend money on besides upgrades for vidja games every year.

As long as new games that come out after the new console release don't perform shitty on the original PS4, I can't really complain too much. Doesn't make sense to me to spend that much on a TV and a new console that probably won't do anything new or spectacular for a few years, and by that time at least the 4k tvs will be half the price they are now.

As long as new games that come out after the new console release don't perform shitty on the original PS4, I can't really complain too much. Doesn't make sense to me to spend that much on a TV and a new console that probably won't do anything new or spectacular for a few years, and by that time at least the 4k tvs will be half the price they are now.

To be fair, I recently got a 4k TV on sale for nearly half off. 55" LG for under $700.

I also paid about half price for my ps4 because I bought it refurbished.

I'm not trying to argue that incremental upgrades are fair or good, just that if people would get beyond the "have to have it first day" kind of attitude, you really can stretch a buck.

To be fair, I recently got a 4k TV on sale for nearly half off. 55" LG for under $700.

I also paid about half price for my ps4 because I bought it refurbished.

I'm not trying to argue that incremental upgrades are fair or good, just that if people would get beyond the "have to have it first day" kind of attitude, you really can stretch a buck.

Exactly. I waited a little over a year for the xbox one and ps4 and probably saved close to $100 on each because I waited. There's never any worthwhile games at launch, and I don't expect that to change for the new updated consoles. However, if they keep doing this with new consoles I'll probably just invest in a PC rig. Only reason I've stayed with consoles is because that's what all my friends play.

In case anyone missed it, it's been confirmed that an "HD-upgraded" Arkham Asylum and Arkham City will be coming out in June as a 2-pack with all DLC included.

I already own and have beaten both games for the 360, but if it ends up being around $40, I'll be more than happy to pick them up and play them again. Some of my favorite games of all-time.

Also, I know it wasn't technically made by the same company, but I wish they included Arkham Origins with it as well.

In case anyone missed it, it's been confirmed that an "HD-upgraded" Arkham Asylum and Arkham City will be coming out in June as a 2-pack with all DLC included.

I already own and have beaten both games for the 360, but if it ends up being around $40, I'll be more than happy to pick them up and play them again. Some of my favorite games of all-time.

Also, I know it wasn't technically made by the same company, but I wish they included Arkham Origins with it as well.

Really stoked for this actually. Most of the recent remasters have been games I absolutely loved, or games I passed on last gen, so I've been playing that stuff for than new games. We're probably the only people who'd wanna play Origins again haha

Really stoked for this actually. Most of the recent remasters have been games I absolutely loved, or games I passed on last gen, so I've been playing that stuff for than new games. We're probably the only people who'd wanna play Origins again haha

Count me in for Origins! I also really loved the multiplayer for that surprisingly. It was "new" and underrated in my opinion.

Same here! For example, I didn't have a PS3, so I was all over The Last Of Us and Uncharted remasters. So happy and thankful for that because now they're among my favorite games. Now to just wait for the God Of War super remaster of all games bundle...

Count me in for Origins! I also really loved the multiplayer for that surprisingly. It was "new" and underrated in my opinion.

Holy shit I completely forgot that had multiplayer! I never played it, but I watched my friend play it often at his house.

Same here! For example, I didn't have a PS3, so I was all over The Last Of Us and Uncharted remasters. So happy and thankful for that because now they're among my favorite games. Now to just wait for the God Of War super remaster of all games bundle...

I had a PS3 solely for exclusives, so I ran Uncharted into the ground haha. Same with Infamous. I've really wanted to revisit Sleeping Dogs because that was one of the most fun sandbox games I've ever played.

Has anyone played the Resident Evil remakes? If so, how are they? I've considered grabbing the Origins Collection and RE6.

I had a PS3 solely for exclusives, so I ran Uncharted into the ground haha. Same with Infamous. I've really wanted to revisit Sleeping Dogs because that was one of the most fun sandbox games I've ever played.

Duuuude, Sleeping Dogs may just be my favorite game of all-time. Played the shit out of it on my 360 and I STILL play the shit out of the remaster on PS4. Every day I hope for an announcement of a sequel...

Duuuude, Sleeping Dogs may just be my favorite game of all-time. Played the shit out of it on my 360 and I STILL play the shit out of the remaster on PS4. Every day I hope for an announcement of a sequel...

Likewise dude. Likewise. Don't you just love how the fuckin' cars handle? Blows GTA outta the fucking water. I may go buy the remaster today haha.

Has anyone heard anything about legitimate DLC for FarCry Primal? There isn't a season pass and they just patched in that survival mode for free. I'm considering trading it in this evening.

It is on sale right now on PSN for $10.

Is there anybody on here that has a 3DS & collects amiibos?  I have a code to redeem the new Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge game.  Got it from buying the new Star Fox Wii U (which I haven't played yet, but have heard great things), and I already have it so I don't need it.  Drop me a PM if anyone wants it.