What video games have you been playing?

Guest markovianprocess
I played the WWE All Stars demo tonight. Fucking awesome.

I just beat Modern Warfare 2 (I know I know I'm way behind the rest of the world but I only get games when they're cheap used or my friends let me borrow them) and I gotta say it wasn't bad but I am really tired of those level ending moments where you're unsure if your character is dead or not. It really got old after a while, especially when every COD game seems to have them.

I just beat it too. The campaign was so uninteresting that I started it in July, and only just got around to finishing it. It's a really fun game online, but it is just so hard to care about the story.

Guest kingbuzzo

I had a free rental at the video store in town and I couldn't find anything I wanted to play so I grabbed Splatterhouse. For the first hour or so I was amused and had an okay time with it. After that I just lost all interest.

I just started CoD 4: Modern Warfare and it's not too bad so far. I want to pick up Crysis 2 this weekend but will have to see if crashing on the 360 is a common thing.

i spent the last 4 or 5 days playing through Splatterhouse (xbox) on Savage difficulty.

fucking hell that was a fun game!

though i must admit it was kinda broken in some parts, which can get really frustrating, especially on high difficulties, it is still worth playing.

the voice acting was incredible, and the story was actually really good.

if you liked the first 3 games, or if you just love gallons of blood all over your screen all the time, then play this shit.

Guest kingbuzzo
i spent the last 4 or 5 days playing through Splatterhouse (xbox) on Savage difficulty.

though i must admit it was kinda broken in some parts, which can get really frustrating, especially on high difficulties, it is still worth playing.

if you liked the first 3 games, or if you just love gallons of blood all over your screen all the time, then play this shit.

I couldn't get into this. The first hour or two I thought it was fun but after that I just got bored. I think I'll probably play a chapter or two at a time and put it away for a week or so until I beat it.

I couldn't get into this. The first hour or two I thought it was fun but after that I just got bored. I think I'll probably play a chapter or two at a time and put it away for a week or so until I beat it.

unlocking the classic games motivated me to play. plus, i'm a sucker for over the top violence.

in other news, i got around to beating Uncharted 2 today.

i played through about 95% and then shelved it about two months ago when i was super frustrated at it.

so i picked it up today and took care of that.

a great ending to a great game. yay.

Anyone stoked for Brink?

I've been waiting for this game to come out for over a year! I'm hoping it delivers I'll pretty bummed if it's a flop. This game has so much potential!!!

I actually pre-ordered it this morning. I have been hoping for news of a demo or something, but the game looks so damn good I (and the Amazon pre-order bonus looks sick!) that I just did it.

Hopefully this one rocks as much as the videos and concepts make me think it will.

Valve has not once disappointed me. I took this from the Portal 2 wiki entry. Sounds good so far...

Development

Valve's Doug Lombardi commented that Portal was originally included as an add-on product to The Orange Box as, to Valve, it was a piece of trial software and had considered The Orange Box as a safety net if it failed; Lombardi stated, "There was no way we could have planned for the success of Portal."[9] After receiving high praise and proving its worth, Valve determined that Portal 2 should be its own product, committing more resources than it did for the first game for its release.[9] Compared to the previous Portal team that consisted of about 8 people, Portal 2 had a dedicated 30-person staff working on its development.[39] Valve President Gabe Newell has stated that they know what players are looking for in the full sequel, and expect that Portal 2 will be "the best game we’ve ever done."[40] Project manager Erik Johnson commented that the first Portal caught people by surprise and "made them think about games in a different way".[30] Johnson believed their goal with Portal 2 was to find a way to "re-surprise" players, and considered that a "pretty terrifying" prospect.[30] Original Portal designer Kim Swift, however, has left Valve to join Airtight Games.[41]

I'm still skeptical that it'll be able to keep my attention for 10+ hours to be worth $55. I loved the first game, but it was only 1-2 hours long, not sure I could do it for 10+. I'm also not into the multiplayer aspect since none of my friends own a PS3 and my 360 is dead