What video games have you been playing?

Anyone playing Brink? I've heard a lot of mixed things about it.

I have not... but from what I've read on GameSpot and on Amazon I don't think I ever want to play this game. One of my co-workers bought it and said that he's pretty underwhelmed. Apparently there's very little in terms of a campaign and it's just buggy as all get out.

All the positive press had my hopes up too :(

For some reason I've felt like playing Alan Wake again, so I think I'm going to go for a Nightmare run and finish out my list 9 achievements on it.

Anyone playing Brink? I've heard a lot of mixed things about it.

I'm liking it. Keep in mind there is pretty much no single player to speak of though. When you play solo, the AI is beyond fucking stupid. I watched on AI player pick up something that needed to be carried to a new location, then he didn't leave the room he was in. I had to wait until he died so I could get the item he dropped and take it to the objective point.

I haven't played with real people yet (still getting the hang of the controls and combat), but I hear it is the only way to play.

Most of the reviews that were very negative were based on pre-release netcode. There is an immediate update to the game that fixes all the texture problems and (supposedly) fixes the multiplayer lag issues as well.

I am pleased with the purchase, the parkour mechanic works great. Sliding under enemy fire while unloading a clip into a mofo is really fun.

Just fired up L.A. Noire. Only 10 mins in, looks to be the same game engine as GTA IV so i'm not stunned by the graphics but the facial expressions are already very impressive!

http://www.rockstarbase.com/2010/02/15/new-and-exclusive-new-l-a-noire-screens-emerge-game-does-not-use-rage/

Team Bondi’s L.A. Noire is one of the most ambitious Rockstar titles to date, featuring a massive open world and a groundbreaking animation system. It’s also one of the first Rockstar titles in some time that doesn’t use Rockstar’s RAGE engine, rather Team Bondi’s proprietary engine.

Just fired up L.A. Noire. Only 10 mins in, looks to be the same game engine as GTA IV so i'm not stunned by the graphics but the facial expressions are already very impressive!

http://www.rockstarbase.com/2010/02/15/new-and-exclusive-new-l-a-noire-screens-emerge-game-does-not-use-rage/

Team Bondi’s L.A. Noire is one of the most ambitious Rockstar titles to date, featuring a massive open world and a groundbreaking animation system. It’s also one of the first Rockstar titles in some time that doesn’t use Rockstar’s RAGE engine, rather Team Bondi’s proprietary engine.

Did not know this! Red Dead used RAGE i think and it doesn't look as good as that although it does have the edge over GTA IV now i've seen the city in daylight. Just on the opening few missions i get the impression this game is absolutely huuuuuuge!

I'd like to check out L.A. Noire, even though I hate Rockstart games. The facial expression engine looks amazing, so I'll probably play it just for that.

yeah i think i'll be giving la noire a go as well. it looks really good.

till then i've been taking the time to beat games i've shelved.

this week i've taken care of super mario galaxy 2 and little big planet.

i've also gotten back into halo reach matchmaking a little.

only about 4 hours or so this week, but i've enjoyed it.