GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK / UPDATED W/VINYL,CDS & LOTS

hey guys, i want to try to do something with cds, cassettes, music dvds and vinyl. i have noticed lately that people are sick of shipping rates and i want to try something, but first i need some feedback to see if it would be accepted and worth it. as some of you guys know, i have been struggling to find a really good location to open up Ohio Pride Records for a while, but with the economy the way it is and all the uncertainty with real estate, i have decided to just do it it from home, for now. so i want to do set prices that include shipping, so buying from me, you won't pay for shipping if you live inside the U.S. and only $6.00 max for over seas shipping. i mainly sell used cds, music dvds, cassettes and vinyl from the hardcore, metal (all kinds), emo and indie genres. like i say in all my sales, "YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR DAMAGED GOODS AND THERE IS NO WAY YOU ARE GETTING DAMAGED GOODS!" so i will cap

CDS

$3.00-EPS

$4.00-FULL LENGTHS

$5.00-DOUBLE DISC AND CDS W/DVD

VINYL

$4.00-7'S

$6.00-10"S

$8.00-12"S

If something is really rare i will probably do an auction on ebay, but for the most part these would be the main prices. i'm in the process of setting up the actual store on ebay. when everything is set up, i will give everyone the heads up. new items will be added every week. i appreciate and respect everyone on this board, so i will appreciate and respect everyone's comments, opinions and feedback. thanks guys, i appreciate everything.

joe

I think you're coming from an admirable place, however I don't foresee you being able to sustain selling stuff at those prices with shipping included or discounted with eBay fees. You'll be making very little and putting in a huge effort.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck.

honestly those prices seem very low to me... like unbelievably low. As a consumer, buying something SHIPPED for that much seems just too good to be true. I'd easily be willing to pay an additional $2 per item and still be happy with your prices since they are PPD. Just factoring in media mail + packaging etc... it does seem like you will be hard up to break even with any of these sales, and i think that most of the board members here would agree that even if you added $1-2 per item that your prices would still be super reasonable and it would still generate a ton of interest in this for you. Just my two cents.

honestly those prices seem very low to me... like unbelievably low. As a consumer, buying something SHIPPED for that much seems just too good to be true. I'd easily be willing to pay an additional $2 per item and still be happy with your prices since they are PPD. Just factoring in media mail + packaging etc... it does seem like you will be hard up to break even with any of these sales, and i think that most of the board members here would agree that even if you added $1-2 per item that your prices would still be super reasonable and it would still generate a ton of interest in this for you. Just my two cents.

I agree with this. I mean, even at 12ppd it would still be a good deal.

It sounds like you're coming from a good place by pricing records at 8 bucks shipped, but I think everyone wouldnt mine paying a few bucks more in order for this to last a good while.

I agree with this. I mean, even at 12ppd it would still be a good deal.

It sounds like you're coming from a good place by pricing records at 8 bucks shipped, but I think everyone wouldnt mine paying a few bucks more in order for this to last a good while.

exactly... also, I dont know how easy it would be for calculations sake, but even if you were to be like... add $2 for the first item, and then $1 or .50 cents for each additional to help offset shipping to a certain point. I'd rather see this succeed and stick around than be awesome for a month and you have to call it quits!

i appreciate all the feedback guys. thank you so much. keevhren, i see your point, it makes sense. right now i have a lot of product and enough to sustain me for a while. i can use the money from the first sales and build a cushion and if people buy multiple items that would actually work out well. right now i have a few thousand cds and vinyl ready to go a descent amount of the music dvds and some cassettes, i just have to list them. not too much at one time, but a continuos stream spaced out a little at a time. i am working it all out now, so i can keep this going for a while, got enough product right now, so hopefully everybody will like it and i will definitely let everyone know when it's ready to go. i just want people to get music at a descent price. really that's all. it's the only thing i want to do, other than touring and recording. it really comes down to just wanting to do something i enjoy and music is theonly thing that provides joy for me. it sounds lame, but fuck it. it's truth. once again, thank you guys so much.

those international shipping rates are so so cheap man. i will most certainly be buying from you with those rates. however, i wont be happy if you're losing money on the deals, so dont sell yourself short. make sure its worth the effort.

but if you can keep it up, i'll certainly be checking your shop out a lot.

Guest naytoid
those international shipping rates are so so cheap man. i will most certainly be buying from you with those rates. however, i wont be happy if you're losing money on the deals, so don't sell yourself short. make sure its worth the effort.

but if you can keep it up, I'll certainly be checking your shop out a lot.

agreed

all the suggestions are great and a few said i am selling myself short, so i propose this, possibly, rates at a tad bit higher, but still very good and reasonable. let me know if this sounds good to you guys. i will not go any higher than these though.

CDS

$5.00-EPS AND FULL LENGTHS

$7.00-CDS W/DVDS OR 2XCD

VINYL

$5.00-7"S

$6.50-2X7"S

$8.00-10"S

$9.50-2X10"S

$10.00-LPS

$11.50-2XLPS

$13.00-3XLPS

CASSETTES

$2.00-FOR ALL CASSETTES

MUSIC DVDS

$6.00-SINGLE DVD

$7.50-2XDVDS

please let me know if this is still reasonable. all suggestions are welcomed and i appreciate and respect everyone's opinion on this board. thanks again guys.

all the suggestions are great and a few said i am selling myself short, so i propose this, possibly, rates at a tad bit higher, but still very good and reasonable. let me know if this sounds good to you guys. i will not go any higher than these though.

CDS

$5.00-EPS AND FULL LENGTHS

$7.00-CDS W/DVDS OR 2XCD

VINYL

$5.00-7"S

$6.50-2X7"S

$8.00-10"S

$9.50-2X10"S

$10.00-LPS

$11.50-2XLPS

$13.00-3XLPS

CASSETTES

$2.00-FOR ALL CASSETTES

MUSIC DVDS

$6.00-SINGLE DVD

$7.50-2XDVDS

please let me know if this is still reasonable. all suggestions are welcomed and i appreciate and respect everyone's opinion on this board. thanks again guys.

Man...i cant wait for this. Everyone will be buying stuff at those prices.

What kind of music will you be selling?