The Fest Almost Killed Me update

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

You are seeing me at my finest, at the IHop near our hotel. I thought I had it pretty together, but after some fried shrimp, I passed the fuck out. The IHop waitresses sharpied me, posed for photos, and had way too much fun making fun of me. I had to share this photo with you to illustrate how incredible the Fest has been.

Austin Lucas in Dante3000's hotel room at 3am was just the pinnacle of the night. That was amazing. The room was packed with around 40 people jammed into a hotel room. I took a video and decided at the end of the song to sing along sounding much like someone with Down's Syndrome. OH well, expect that and a bunch of other videos posted on Monday. To give you a quick recap of the night, I saw None More Black slay the Venue after a really good set by Lawrence Arms. I then went to see Fake Problems who sounded amazing. Then Devon from the Takers just rocked a solo set which included a great John Prine cover. Tried to catch Nothington but I ended up missing them. Saw my buddy Jay's band, Ready the Jet at Durty Nellys. Stuck around to see a very rocking Cheap Girls' set. I wanted to go see Polar Bear Club, but I was afraid that Common Grounds might end up being over capacity and I just could not miss Abler Baker Fox. Because I was there early, I caught a surprisingly good Young Livers' set. Abler Baker Fox was all I had hoped it would be ad more. We waited a while to get a cab that took us over to the Kickstand but the length of time that passed made me miss O Pioneers and most of Bomb the Music Industry. We then went back to the Holiday Inn where KyleWilliam from I Made This Mistake rocked a solo set. Austin followed up Kyle's set and was amazing as always. What a night.

Here is another photo from the I Hop. Good times.

[image]

And today, we have a mostly Suburban Home showcase at the Common Grounds with Drag the River, Two Cow Garage, The Takers, Austin Lucas, and Josh Small. I can't wait. If you are at the Fest, please come.

none more black played in a storage space way the hell out of town, new mexican played an all cover set i think...it's been pretty nuts, practically every time I've seen Virgil, he's been hammered. It's fuckin nuts. more updates to come

No excuses for me next year. I'm going to man up and go.

I'm stoke Virgil enjoyed the hotel show. I'm sitting in JAX right now enjoying the wi-fi. Also, Jay Northington played two songs and one of the dudes from the Lucky Stiffs covered "todays empire's tomorrows ashes" acoustic.

I think Scott took some video, so that may come up somewhere.

Finally, Kirby's by an alligator somewhere.