NBA Discussion

I have a feeling this is going to be like the finals between the spurs and pistons. Everyone was turned of how boring that series was going to be but turned into one of the best finals with a great game 7 to top it off.

Most everyone in the sports world feel that this is gonna be an amazing finals. Magic Johnson sounded like a giddy little kid on xmas last night. Interested to see what kinda viewership it pulls.

I just had a feeling there was no way Indiana was going to win that game last night. David Stern wouldn't want his last NBA Finals as commissioner to be the Pacers versus the Spurs. Just my little conspiracy theory. Pacers shouldn't have let it get to a Game 7 anyways.

Was really impressed at how Miami responded last night. They clearly seemed ready to play, and Indiana wasn't. Way too many turnovers, and Miami's defense was hellacious. Also Wade and Bosh finally decided to help LeBron out. After last night's performance, he definitely belongs in the conversation as the best ever behind Jordan. Needs to win a few more rings to pass him though.

Looking forward to this NBA Finals actually. Really hope the Spurs pull it out, and I think they can. They have the size and rebounding that Indiana gave the Heat problems with, and they're way more composed and battle-tested than the Pacers. You won't see them commit that many turnovers, and are a much better shooting team. Duncan is playing beyond his years, and is well rested. And Parker has never played better than he is right now. Love watching the Spurs play. They display the characteristics of a true basketball team, and are the staple of what you want in an organization. They are always near the top of the league, and have a shot at winning the championship every year. They play great defense, and are one of the best passing teams. No matter who you plug into that system, they always seem to find success. The Spurs are just a well-oiled machine.

Yeah, was shocked to read the news about Karl. As a Nuggets fan, how do you feel about the news? Anyone in particular you are hoping to get?

Ideally, Phil Jackson. But obviously that is pretty unrealistic. I know they are interviewing Lionel Hollins, which I'm not crazy about. I've also heard rumors of Jeff Van Gundy coming back to coaching which I'd be all for.

The Nuggets don't need a "preacher" type head coach, but one who can actually coach. They have raw talent and work well together, but to win a championship they need someone who can actually teach them instead of just inspire them.

So you would rather the owner of your favorite team pocket the profits instead of spending it on players to give you, the fan, a team to be proud of?

Huh?? There is a salary cap....it's about how money is managed, not spent... What that means is that the spurs got all those players via draft and trades. Not through free agency and flashing money...

Huh?? There is a salary cap....it's about how money is managed, not spent... What that means is that the spurs got all those players via draft and trades. Not through free agency and flashing money...

I am aware of the cap, that has nothing to do with it. The problem is that people just can't admit that they're haters of a certain player that wears the number 6. Other than Lebron who has Miami got from "free agency and flashing money". It's a business. If you want your team to be a contender then cough up the dough. I really wish my team would.

I am aware of the cap, that has nothing to do with it. The problem is that people just can't admit that they're haters of a certain player that wears the number 6. Other than Lebron who has Miami got from "free agency and flashing money". It's a business. If you want your team to be a contender then cough up the dough. I really wish my team would.

Wow, really?!? The only people they have on their team they got through the draft are these : Wade, Haslem, Chalmers and Cole... Go look it up bro, Allen, Miller, Bosh, Bron, Birdman and Battier.... C'mon bro, it's not that I don't like bron... But where the hell is loyalty these days?!? That's all...

Wow, really?!? The only people they have on their team they got through the draft are these : Wade, Haslem, Chalmers and Cole... Go look it up bro, Allen, Miller, Bosh, Bron, Birdman and Battier.... C'mon bro, it's not that I don't like bron... But where the hell is loyalty these days?!? That's all...

Bosh was acquired in a trade (remember how you were boasting that the Spurs got their players thru trades and the draft?)and Andersen & Battier are virtually just bodies on the floor. Ray Allen is old and on his last leg. I mean, if we're gonna start pointing out irrelevant players signed through free agency I could start digging into the Spurs bench as well but that'd be tedious. I will point out a couple of significant Spurs though just to blow up your argument. Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green. It'd be nice if fans would be passionate about their own teams instead of diverting that passion into hating another. It's pretty funny how you say "the only players they got through the draft" and then name 3 starters. Get over it. Seriously.

Bosh was acquired in a trade (remember how you were boasting that the Spurs got their players thru trades and the draft?)and Andersen & Battier are virtually just bodies on the floor. Ray Allen is old and on his last leg. I mean, if we're gonna start pointing out irrelevant players signed through free agency I could start digging into the Spurs bench as well but that'd be tedious. I will point out a couple of significant Spurs though just to blow up your argument. Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green. It'd be nice if fans would be passionate about their own teams instead of diverting that passion into hating another. It's pretty funny how you say "the only players they got through the draft" and then name 3 starters. Get over it. Seriously.

Yeah, now I'm done. You obviously don't know what you're talking about... Leonard was our first round pick in 2011, yes we traded George hill for said pick... But none-the-less, he was acquired via NBA draft. But seriously, if you disagree with the earned vs. bought thing you are crazy. I challenge you to go through the heat roster and see how many guys you have on that team that have been there more than 3 years and were also drafted by the heat... Now. Go through the spurs roster and count how many guys have been there 5 plus years and were also drafted by the spurs... We don't play this free agent bullshit that most nba teams do. This is chalking up to being perhaps the best finals in a long long time. And I want to do nothing but relish everyone the of it, but don't argue that your organization is classier than the spurs. You get over it. Seriously...