NBA Discussion

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle. Bright side, I like Karl.

Karl is awesome.  Popovich is great coach, but he's winning with the same guys was winning with 10 years ago, so I don't really consider the Spurs success to be built off this season's coaching.  If the Warriors can improve record-wise next season, I think Jackson is a lock for it next year.

Karl is awesome.  Popovich is great coach, but he's winning with the same guys was winning with 10 years ago, so I don't really consider the Spurs success to be built off this season's coaching.  If the Warriors can improve record-wise next season, I think Jackson is a lock for it next year.

Warriors were mid-lottery last season, and 6 seed this season. I was pretty surprised he was only 7th. Mark Jackson is kind of the one who motivates, while assistant Mark Malone handles a lot of head coaching duties. Maybe that got around and hurt Jacksons chances.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/joakim-noah-guarantees-hell-annoy-living-fuck-out,32359/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

MIAMI—Following the Bulls upset of the Heat in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, Chicago center Joakim Noah boldly guaranteed Monday that he will annoy the living fuck out of Miami in this series. “Mark my words, no one on the Heat can stop me from getting in their faces and irritating them every fucking second,” said Noah, looking straight into one of the cameras and emphatically promising to single-handedly start shit with “every one of those assholes on the Heat.” “I guarantee that I’ll trash-talk after making easy layups, scream after every rebound, and howl like a fucking lunatic while driving to the hoop.” Noah, who was asked whether his words might motivate the Heat, said that the media overhyping player predictions was pretty fucking annoying, which proved that he was off to a good start.

I think if I was picking a center to win a championship, I'd go with howard, but if I'm picking a center to win a game, I'd go with noah.  and if I'm picking a center to win a fight, I'm going with pekovic :)

I just want to say that I'm embarrassed that I completely forgot marc gasol when I made this comment.  I'd take gasol over howard

wow, slightly shocked that the thunder actually went down in 5. did durant shoot 5/21 because he was having an off night, or was that the grizzlies' defense?

anyhoo, go grizzlies! hopefully their defense and the strong frontcourt can stop miami...

Except they'll play the winner of the SA/GS series, not Miami. Memphis is in the west.

Grizz have showed up HUGE during the playoffs.  They've done what I hoped the Nuggets would've been able to do (and ultimately didn't do), which is excel and progress on what made them great in the regular season.  Their defense has been rock solid.  Allowing under 90 points a game is absurd, and I honestly didn't think they could sustain that in the playoffs.  But they proved me wrong, so kudos to them.