A Cool Email I got at VC

Guest admin1338560633

I just wanted to share with you a really cool email I got the other day.

To Virgil and your companions in vinyl propagation,

I wanted to write to thank you for the amazing work you and yours have been doing. I usually don't take the time to write emails like these, but I thought I had something special to share. I have always been passionate about music. I have spent the majority of my time listening to albums, going to shows, and writing music. It is the largest part of my personality, and I love every minute of it. A few years ago, I bought a few pieces of vinyl for the personal value (PMFS "Up In Them Guts" at a show, no one was buying their merch, and those dudes are amazing, and the Appleseed Cast "Low Level Owl", from Gilead Media, possibly my favorite album of all time), but never got too wrapped up in purchasing records, as I had no means of listening to them. This christmas, I finally got my first turntable, and I rushed out yesterday to get a receiver and some speakers. At this point, I have a small stack of records. Nothing too respectable, but it makes me happy. I think I have a case of wax fever, I am always online checking to see what records to find, and I am often stepping away from my desk to make sure I'm not buying records that I really can't afford. Last night when I got home from work, I cracked a beer, set up my player, and put on "Planet of Ice", which you pressed beautifully, and I sat. It felt right. And there was something about just listening to that record play, and it felt like that same distinct yet indescribeable feeling you get when you drink a beer with friends at the end of a long day. It was a heart warming feeling. Listening to that record felt right, like it was the right way to be doing it. With album sales dwindling off and the constant buzz about "digital media", listening to that record felt like I was reclaiming what was supposed to be mine in the first place, that my place in music last night was on my couch watching that record spin and feeling good. So I wanted to write and thank you all for what you are doing. You must get that same feeling about records, or else you wouldn't be putting them out. If there is ever anything I can do to help you in your efforts, aside from spreading the good word about your site, please let me know, I would be more than happy to help. Thanks for taking the time. Take care.

-Luke

Fear of a Robotic Media

cool e-mail !

show of pmfs at camden underworld,london,u.k. on january 20th,2006 bring me into collecting vinyl.

i bought one copy of up in 'em guts and goat tee shirt.

let share this great e-mail to us again,virgil.

(and i think an e-mail like this come with willpower to you for make a good thing for all at here....)