Vinyl Collective Coasters free with Holiday Orders

Guest admin1338560633

Our friends at Pirates Press did us the ultimate solid by requesting that their manufacturer, GZ, send us some of the cut out center labels from some of our records. The way I understand how this happened is that during the pressing process, they test the quality of the records being manufactured. When some of the records don't pass their quality control, the records are discarded, melted down, and that melted down vinyl is reused for a future pressing. Eric, owner and all round bad ass from Pirates Press, requested that the plant cut out the vinyl centers, and send them to us as a gift. We have been using them as coasters around the office at our house and could not be more stoked to have them.

PLEASE READ THE NEXT FEW SENTENCES REGARDING THE COASTERS - If you placed an order during our Black Friday sales and/or plan to order records throughout our 12 days of Christmas, we will send 1 coaster with each order until we run out. Even if you placed more than one order during this time, if we combine the orders, you will only get 1 coaster. I didn't count the total number of coasters, but I think we have around 400 of them. I know some of you will be emailing us to buy them or to get a complete set, but your requests will be denied. We want to spread the gift of these coasters with as many people as possible and we will not accept money for them since they were given to us as gifts. The only other way that you can get more than 1 coaster will be by pure chance. We will select one customer throughout the holidays and that person will receive a complete set of coasters (36 or 37 coasters) just like we would select a test pressing winner.

I know some of you will have opinions about our handling of the coasters. I appreciate all of your opinions and will respectfully read your comments and emails, but this is how I have decided to distribute the coasters. These coasters are so fucking cool and I just want everyone to get one. This is yet another reason why Pirates Press will get my loyal business.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if we preordered something that should ship around the holiday time? Like the Ergs/Teenage Bottlerocket split or (God willing) the Thrice boxset?

if they are still around when we get either record in then yes, you will get one. ButI don't think that they will be around when either ship.

What if we preordered something that should ship around the holiday time? Like the Ergs/Teenage Bottlerocket split or (God willing) the Thrice boxset?

if they are still around when we get either record in then yes, you will get one. ButI don't think that they will be around when either ship.

Alright cool. I'll probably end up ordering something anyway during these special sales but I was just wondering.

Dude i was stoked enough on the sales but the fact that you guys are giving these away for free aswell is just amazing! and quite the creative idea to, and fucking $3.00 shipping???

you cant beat it!

cant moisture still get through the holes in these.........

yes, they can. I should also mention that the labels are paper so they actually may not make the best coasters. Ralph put a coat of lacquer on his and they look really sharp.

Oh man, my girlfriend and I were just talking about getting vinyl coasters for our apartment. Urban Outfitters has them, but guess what? They're crazy expensive -- ditto for Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Vinyl-LP-R....80 54247&sr=8-1

Plus they're not awesome VC records!!!

Here's a guide to make them yourself though -- it seems a bit difficult:

http://www.curbly.com/Chrisjob/posts/1070-DIY-Vinyl-LP-Coasters

cant moisture still get through the holes in these.........

yes, they can. I should also mention that the labels are paper so they actually may not make the best coasters. Ralph put a coat of lacquer on his and they look really sharp.

The guide that I posted above mentions spraying a clear coat or 2 on them.