The Killers Pressing Info

There is actually lots of pressing info.

Hot Fuss was released by the control group on vinyl in US. The first 100 were hand numbered in red pen and had "the killers" using a red foil stamp on the cover, all other version had silver foil stamping.

USA LP release, dark blue wax, limited to 3000

UK LP was released on Lizard King, light blue wax, limited to 2000

Hot Fuss limited edition 7" box set /5000

Mr Brightside 7” 500 on white (us)

Mr Brightside 7” 2000 on red (uk)

Somebody Told Me 7” 2000 on pink (uk)

they have had a dozen+ 7"/12" single, these are the numbers I know, there is more out there.

• 7 years later...

UK LP was released on Lizard King, light blue wax, limited to 2000

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but does anyone have more info on the UK light blue Hot Fuss original pressing(s)?

I've found a somewhat fairly-priced copy and it's not numbered. I've seen people on Discogs mention that unnumbered copies exist. Any tell-tale signs I can look for that it's not a boot?

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but does anyone have more info on the UK light blue Hot Fuss original pressing(s)?

I've found a somewhat fairly-priced copy and it's not numbered. I've seen people on Discogs mention that unnumbered copies exist. Any tell-tale signs I can look for that it's not a boot?

from what I've seen on discogs, I bought a US press a while back and had to do my homework, it looks like the legit Lizard King press has alternate white and red labels for the a and b side, respectively. The boots have white labels on both sides. I went back and looked at the clear turquoise on discogs and you can see this. I can't say for all boots but that looks be a good way to differentiate possibly

from what I've seen on discogs, I bought a US press a while back and had to do my homework, it looks like the legit Lizard King press has alternate white and red labels for the a and b side, respectively. The boots have white labels on both sides. I went back and looked at the clear turquoise on discogs and you can see this. I can't say for all boots but that looks be a good way to differentiate possibly

Do all boots have a glossy lightweight sleeve as well?

I originally thought the UK press had "Hot Fuss" on the front in foil but I think I was wrong about that.