Hey Tom Gabel! Whatcha think of Chinese Democracy?

the funny thing is, i check tom's blog daily (even though he updates it so infrequently). i checked it about 15 minutes before this was posted, apparently, and wasn't going to have a chance to check tomorrow. so in two days when i would have seen it was posted tonight, i would have been so pissed haha.

i have to say, that entire thing was pretty much garbage. That could have been written in 1991 by an Axl fanboy hating on Metallica while they were touring together as the black album was coming out and aside from the lineup changes and Axl having 16 years of doubts about his work and writers block. Tom Gabel understands the music business for a major act on a major label..no matter what album you put out its only an album to tour behind in the grand scheme of things. Comparing Ahab to Axl? Come on...do you realize the body of serious musicians on this planet that have gone to greater lengths to make their final vision of their music in album form or whatever? Gimme a break, the dude sold it to BEST BUY when he finally finished and just in time for the end of CD sales...coincidence? I think not. Please, stick to writing songs Tom.

"I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul."

i have to say, that entire thing was pretty much garbage. That could have been written in 1991 by an Axl fanboy hating on Metallica while they were touring together as the black album was coming out and aside from the lineup changes and Axl having 16 years of doubts about his work and writers block. Tom Gabel understands the music business for a major act on a major label..no matter what album you put out its only an album to tour behind in the grand scheme of things. Comparing Ahab to Axl? Come on...do you realize the body of serious musicians on this planet that have gone to greater lengths to make their final vision of their music in album form or whatever? Gimme a break, the dude sold it to BEST BUY when he finally finished and just in time for the end of CD sales...coincidence? I think not. Please, stick to writing songs Tom.

Yeah, but Axl is a crazy dickhead. So that is surely indicative of his genius, which of course only Tom Gabel, not you, can accurately appraise.

Welcome to the jungle. You're going to die . . .

(post script: Metallica sucks overall.)

Yeah, but Axl is a crazy dickhead. So that is surely indicative of his genius, which of course only Tom Gabel, not you, can accurately appraise.

Welcome to the jungle. You're going to die . . .

(post script: Metallica sucks overall.)

The only thing that is indicative of Axl's genius is that he managed to make back all the money he wasted making this song-less album by pawning it off on a corporation on the idea of the album alone during the death rattle of cd sales.

also, you got the gnr quote wrong ;D

Dude, I would much rather have Rick Rubin tell me, "You guys haven't written a good album in 10+ years, you need to stop sucking and start fucking rocking again" than living in a bubble of your own self delusion about how great your masterpiece is going to be and when you have to kick out members of the band because they have musical opinions other than your own. Death Magnetic rips. Chinese Democracy doesn't. Get over it Tom.

Dude, I would much rather have Rick Rubin tell me, "You guys haven't written a good album in 10+ years, you need to stop sucking and start fucking rocking again" than living in a bubble of your own self delusion about how great your masterpiece is going to be and when you have to kick out members of the band because they have musical opinions other than your own. Death Magnetic rips. Chinese Democracy doesn't. Get over it Tom.

My thoughts exactly. I like both albums but Metallica's is hands-down the better one if we're going to turn this into a pissing contest between aged bands.