7" of the month subscriptions question

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know if you remember when Tree Records did there 7" series but they did a sub. and w/ the sub. you got a 7" that was only for the sub. members. I can not remember the price. That set ruled. I collected both public and the sub. and it was put together really nice. Hand made shit rocks. Tree was a great label.

I do not know if you remember when Tree Records did there 7" series but they did a sub. and w/ the sub. you got a 7" that was only for the sub. members. I can not remember the price. That set ruled. I collected both public and the sub. and it was put together really nice. Hand made shit rocks. Tree was a great label.

Seriously, that's probably the best 7" subscription series that's ever been done, in terms of sheer amount of elbow grease that went into it.

Virgil,

Since obviously the issue is having the money for the pressing plants and how expensive vinyl is....

Why not have it be a certain fee to join the club, this entitles the person to some special bonus items, but press the record on a specific color for the club, but with the option to buy it.

Press a regular version of the record as well for the general population.

Say $40 a year and this guarentees you the limited color of the record, or special covers, whatever the most limited version is. Give out 1 test press to a club member with every release.

But people in the club still have to buy the release. You don't lose anything, record collectors are given the limited color for paying a little bit for it and toss in some other extra cool things every so often.

Every year people have to subscribe and re-subscribe, or cap it off it becomes to big and follow Pushead's foot steps and have a fan club you had to join 15 years ago, haha!

Just an idea....

That Tree club was the bomb not only because it was well-organized (the boxset of the overstock was brilliant) but also because it was chock full of legitimately awesome bands that absolutely defined that era. Shai Hulud and Rainer Maria on the same record?! Fuck yeah. The Get Up Kids and Braid? I'd probably struggle to think of combinations that are comparable in today's "scene" (since I'm all old and shit, probably).

The actual pricing for the NOFX 7" of the month club was

$60 - US

$80 - International

I believe that's right. I have a FAT flyer that clearly says $60, so I know that's right. It does not specify Int'l, though.

Virgil,

Since obviously the issue is having the money for the pressing plants and how expensive vinyl is....

Why not have it be a certain fee to join the club, this entitles the person to some special bonus items, but press the record on a specific color for the club, but with the option to buy it.

Press a regular version of the record as well for the general population.

Say $40 a year and this guarentees you the limited color of the record, or special covers, whatever the most limited version is. Give out 1 test press to a club member with every release.

But people in the club still have to buy the release. You don't lose anything, record collectors are given the limited color for paying a little bit for it and toss in some other extra cool things every so often.

Every year people have to subscribe and re-subscribe, or cap it off it becomes to big and follow Pushead's foot steps and have a fan club you had to join 15 years ago, haha!

Just an idea....

I don't like the idea of multiple colors. Also, doesn't that just add to the expenses?

The actual pricing for the NOFX 7" of the month club was

$60 - US

$80 - International

That seems like a good place to be. $5/each would rule and even less than $7 for the world wouldn't be bad. The Chuck Ragan 7" club was cool. That was the first one I did and I loved it.

sorry, had it wrong, original post was being edited when you posted. it was actually $60 plus $20 north american shipping and 40 international.

so you guys don't think that $60 for 12 7"s plus shipping isn't too expensive? I was thinking that if I did a subscription series, that might be a good place to be. I am leaning towards doing the subscription and will just make sure I have a handful of the records on the way to the pressing plants before hand. thanks for all the feedback.