7" of the month subscriptions question

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO you're going to have to figure out your costs and how cheap you can sell them for to still make it worthwhile and price it at that point. That way you can sell it at $60 total rather than $60 + shipping (these are just numbers I picked, and don't mean anything). A nice even round number would just make it easier for buyers, IMO.

What about some more solo Matt Skiba? His split with Kevin Seconds was great.

Word to that. The involvement of Chuck, Ben Nichols and the Skeeb would be an instant subscription for me (BTMI! and American Steel aren't hurting things either).

Also, another cool idea would be to get Mitch Clem to do a cover or 2.

I think I'd be willing to spend up to about $75ppd for a 12 7" club.

That sounds about fair. $60 for the set, $15 for shipping...or however you want to break it down.

I figure you get a slight discount for ordering in advance. Assuming in the states sending the record would cost $2 or $2.50 that means it would be $24-$30 in shipping means each record would be about 4 and some change. So I guess thinking about it I would go to $80 if there were 12 records and might even head so high as $85.

I really like the idea of using generic covers with stamps a-la the AOTU singles series in order to cut costs. If you sell these at $75 for the set you're talking about $6.25 per 7". Considering there are a lot of labels and distros still selling 7"s for $4 or $4.50 post paid, that starts to get a little hard to swallow.

I think $75-$80 total would be a good choice...if you break it down to $4 a 7" at 12 7"s would be $48 plus about $2.20 a 7" for shipping would be $27 (rounding up). totaling to around $75 which i think is a great price for total coast to USA/Canada...

Does that sound right?

I think $75-$80 total would be a good choice...if you break it down to $4 a 7" at 12 7"s would be $48 plus about $2.20 a 7" for shipping would be $27 (rounding up). totaling to around $75 which i think is a great price for total coast to USA/Canada...

Does that sound right?

That sounds pretty fair to me. I was worried that it would get to be around $95 ppd, which is like, $8 a record, after shipping. But $75 total sounds good.