Victory Records signs a ska band. Seriously.

Guest genericinsight

You guys apparently forgot about Catch 22, Streetlight Manifesto and the River City Rebels... okay, RCR's weren't ska, more punk with horns, but Victory signing a ska band isn't totally unheard of. Maybe in 2009 it is... eh who knows. I don't know what I'm saying.

Although I will have to go behind the "Why do bands still sign with Victory?" question as well. Didn't they fuck over Streetlight in some way too?

This band is at least 12 years too late.

i'd beg to differ.... ska-influenced bands are back on the rise again... and alot of the remaining bigger bands are reuniting and making a killing ... it could def be a big year for ska bands :)

It's the fifth wave of ska, and Victory is at the forefront of the movement.

You guys apparently forgot about Catch 22, Streetlight Manifesto and the River City Rebels... okay, RCR's weren't ska, more punk with horns, but Victory signing a ska band isn't totally unheard of. Maybe in 2009 it is... eh who knows. I don't know what I'm saying.

Although I will have to go behind the "Why do bands still sign with Victory?" question as well. Didn't they fuck over Streetlight in some way too?

streetlight was stuck with victory because thomas was stuck in a crappy contract he signed while he was in catch (some labels own your ass even if you leave the band )... he publicly bashes victory in alot of the interviews he does.

i'd beg to differ.... ska-influenced bands are back on the rise again... and alot of the remaining bigger bands are reuniting and making a killing ... it could def be a big year for ska bands :)

im going to chicago next week, i'm going to kick tony's ass off my mountain. THERES ONLY ONE FAT MAN OWNED LABEL THAT SIGNS FEMALE FRONTED SKA BANDS IN THIS COUNTRY GODDAMNIT AND THATS ME!

im going to chicago next week, i'm going to kick tony's ass off my mountain. THERES ONLY ONE FAT MAN OWNED LABEL THAT SIGNS FEMALE FRONTED SKA BANDS IN THIS COUNTRY GODDAMNIT AND THATS ME!

I would like to see this happen.

heard about this last night from my friend.

theyre local and don't get much of a draw out here for shows. my friends have done countless shows with them and it wasnt until aaron from rbf took notice of them that they got any attention. the one thing i can give them credit for is they tour their asses off. just very surprised by it.

I would like to see this happen.

If this was possible my money would be on MATT. Unless Tony attacked him with his rhetoric or something.. Matt's physically bigger so..

mike

PS.OH by the way. This has always bothered me.. i was wondering if anyone knew if this was accurate:

[image]

streetlight was stuck with victory because thomas was stuck in a crappy contract he signed while he was in catch (some labels own your ass even if you leave the band )... he publicly bashes victory in alot of the interviews he does.

And they got slapped with a cease and desist order from Victory for having their own videos on their own youtube account earlier in the week. haha.