Is there a correct way to handle a record?

Those pictures are proof that kids are smart and if you treat them with respect and not talk down to them like stupid kids they can be trusted with precious items. My friend's son was pulling records off the shelf, taking them out of the sleeve, putting them on the turntable, and putting the needle on the groove before his fourth birthday.

You have a great kid there!

as in picking it up, moving it, and so forth

i've always wondered this.

i just wanna go about the best way not to slowly damage my collection as i move it from sleeve to turntable and back.

welp, i'm heading to work, i'll check replies when i return.

thanks guys.

i try to drop kick them across the room, and in general mistreat them in every way possible.

Seriously, what fucking planet are you living on that this isn't the most retard level basic common sense knowledge regarding ANY physical music medium available?

-1 for useless thread.

PS microwave your cassettes before playing to warm them up.

edit:I'm in a shitty mood but I stand by the statement.

Seth, post the other pic of your kid holding the record...that one is a classic!

I think this is the one you are talking about:

[image]

Its pretty funny.... he loves records. I guess he sees how much care I handle them with, and he gets so excited that I let him hold them. Its pretty cool.

Okay, now he knows how to hold the wax - now teach him how to look up rare records! ;-)