Awesome things VC boardies have done for you

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i forget who it was but somebody on here from new york sent me a text message when the isis box set went on sale. to top it all off he offered to do it 2 weeks before it actually came out and actually remembered. that was pretty incredible.

also when i was planning on coming to sxsw mike offered to help me with whatever i needed and gave some rad advice. maybe i'll be there next year with juan!

So many people on here have done great things for me. I have to go back and think about them all before posting so I don't leave anyone out.

Although, since Dynamitekid called me out for not letting him buy me a beer, I want to give him big props for giving me a ride back to my hotel in San Diego after the OWTH show...saved me a good chunk of cash on a cab ride.

aarondanger hooked it up with the get warmer pink cover /10 for free or shipping or something

justin hooked it up with a fest test presses, and also showed me around a cool part of chicago while my parents were busy being touristy.

controlthebleeding bought me some food at fest when i had ran out of money and wasn't planning on eating for the next 2 and a half days

momentumlost lent his comfy couch for a night

Oh shit.... how could i forget.

A member that i dont see on much these days, but Baseball bought me a copy of Copyrights - Make Sound LP because i sold him a Gaslight Anthem - sink or swim LP on white/red at cost.

He preordered a copy and had it sent directly to me, how fucking awesome is that!!!!

And Stefan sent me a copy of a No Empathy LP for "store credit" for one of my future sales...Plus included a Crestfallen LP that he put out a while back. If you read this, you still need to spend your store credit $$$.

Yeah, and hanging out with Juan for a bit was cool too.

Good people, thanks for everything

I like this thread. The board is very generous and kind.

Dylan- Is an awesome friend and I love talking to him pretty much every night

Dan- Also a really good friend. He once calmed me down and talked me out of having a panic attack when I pretty much had no one else to turn to. We've had fun pictionary matches and he also sent me some cool shit.

Scott- Hooked me up with Thursday tickets. If he didn't give me those tickets I wouldn't have went. Thursday's pretty much that "band that saved my life" so to speak, and I've never had the chance to tell them how much their music has meant to me over the years. I finally had that opportunity that night and it really meant a lot to be able to say that to them. So yeah awesome.

Joe- another great friend. He's giving me a place to crash pretty soon. I'll reiterate what Juan said:

I know that Joe has pissed a few people off due to issues w/ sales/trades, but he's a good guy in my book.

controlthebleeding- Offered me a place to crash for SXSW....I don't think I'll be able to go though, but it was incredibly generous of him to offer me a place to stay as soon as I thought about going.

Allison- Sent me a really sweet/nice PM when I had a really awful day.

Jake- Gave me booze, food, a place to crash, and got me into Murder By Death/Fake Problems for free

Andy (akross)- While this wasn't VC related, he sent me some cool mixes. He's thrown in some cool stuff when I bought some records from him, and we need to play more Animal Crossing whenever I get internet in my new apartment.

I think that covers everyone.

Wow thanks to everyone for all the nice things.

The time my car got broken into,and The time my house got robbed I got aot of donations from VC'ers.

THANK YOU!

Ben-Thanks for being a great guy and helping bands on the label out ssssoooo much. Also gave me some awesome books.

Eric(not the red) - Taking me on my first tours ever. Helping me with the label. Letting me kiss your sister that one time.

Justin - For always being a supportive friend and the person I know I can always count on to cheer me up. Thank you.

Scott - You've helped the label grow so much this past year. I honestly really appriciate everything. Don't care you put the picture of my brother in AP!.

Kirbypucket- Bringin' the LOL's 24/7.

Controlthebleeding - insane insane record hooks up's. Awesome guy.

Dante3000- offering to let me sleep on your floor and typing the jokes.

EricThered- letting me talk about how hot your girlfriend is. Calming me down when I freak out about anything.

Lokithelion - thanks for not getting a tattoo of my name. Giving me killer advice about that thing that one time.

Patbook- I really appriciate you. Thanks for everything.

aarondanger once ran into a burning building to grab the coffee that i had forgotten in there. unfortunately it had become cold by the time he retrieved it, so i threw it in his face and told him to do better next time.

justin is always down for playing pranks on ericiheartu or aaron with me

matt flood keeps trying to convince me that ska is good, but we're gonna become rich off our RnB act

ericiheartu is a commie

controlthebleeding is a super legit dude and gets a mega high five for selling me back my jawbreaker record

prob a few more but i cant think of them now

I don't mean to brag but one of the members of this board let me put my koala in her bucket of water.

maybe one day we can thank oakland for pictures of his record set up................

It's coming yo. My house has been under construction for about 6 months but it's totally done now (except for the patio and the lawn). I'll shoot a video of the room and post it to youtube pretty soon. I swear. I want to show it off more than you want to see it, believe me.

maybe one day we can thank oakland for pictures of his record set up................

It's coming yo. My house has been under construction for about 6 months but it's totally done now (except for the patio and the lawn). I'll shoot a video of the room and post it to youtube pretty soon. I swear. I want to show it off more than you want to see it, believe me.

see it would have been at least a little bit cool if we could have zoomed in on the spiral of pictures you had Chris post that one time, seriously dude, its been built up to the level of epicness.