Awesome things VC boardies have done for you

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks barrie, just thanks for remembering me:(

personally someone sent me tim barry's elementary 7inch just for shipping because my copy was fucked!!!! so fucking rad.

for vinyl vlog...well a bunch of people have helped out so far and it's been pretty rad.

That was me with the Tim Barry 7", glad you enjoyed it!!

Jon did a group buy on dust sleeves and met me in a Hooter's parking lot near Angel Stadium to deliver them. Solid.

psh, i see how it is. you might be mistaken :-* (i forgive you though, i still use that in n out rip off logo you did)

chris(benchwarmer) - hooked it up with my disgustingly awesome logo for the label.

justin/aaron - both have helped out in big ways with label advice/tips.

randy(randysxe) - just a rad dude

p-fresh - so hot right now

Jon did a group buy on dust sleeves and met me in a Hooter's parking lot near Angel Stadium to deliver them. Solid.

psh, i see how it is. you might be mistaken :-* (i forgive you though, i still use that in n out rip off logo you did)

chris(benchwarmer) - hooked it up with my disgustingly awesome logo for the label.

justin/aaron - both have helped out in big ways with label advice/tips.

randy(randysxe) - just a rad dude

p-fresh - so hot right now

Hahahaha. Dammit. My bad. I met YOU in the Hooter's parking lot and Jon at a Carl's Jr. with his pack of sleeves. I knew I'd fuck something up :)

it's nice to see all the positive things in this thread... I wish I had something to add, other than several VC boardies offered to trade/sell my white whale to me at cost when another user ripped me off (unfortunately, no user had the specific record I wanted - thanks anyway, dudes).

I'm going to miss some people, but here it goes:

rdblaze has given me the hook up with a capital H on a bunch of Screeching Weasel test presses. My collection would be nowhere without his contributions.

zak138 offered to let me crash with him if I came out to LA for a Ben Weasel show this weekend. I can't make it, but what an offer.

In a similar situation, punkrockjeff let me crash at his place for Ben Weasel's first show in Chicago last year and carted my ass too and from the airport on very little sleep. He will forever be a solid dude in my book. Same goes for eric the red, who hooked me up with the tickets for face value from a buddy.

benchwarmer is handsome and I see him at shows sometimes.

juan keeps me posted on releases and sends me funny as hell text messages.

scott threw in an extra record when I bought something from him, only to get a $20 offer for that record he gave me for free right after he mailed it and he wasn't even sour about it.

virgil - it goes without saying that virgil keeps shit tight. before the board even launched he hooked me up with a tough to find record that was no longer available through VC...and he's done so much more than that.

dynamitekid, as I said before, gave me a ride back to my hotel in San Diego after an Off With Their Heads show, saving me a bunch of dough on cab fare. He also went outside to take smoke breaks with me even though he doesn't smoke...solid man right there.

eddieruckus grabbed me a HWM tour LP at the Orlando show for cost + shipping.

andywax grabbed me a NOFX t-shirt at a show and also kept his eyes open for me from a Dead Milkmen shirt at Fun, Fun, Fun Fest.

MRC has hooked me up with a bunch of great stuff and grabbed me a loved ones tour lp.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of people...not intentionally. This all goes to show that despite all the negativity and bs that sometimes erupts on this board there are some solid-ass folks around here.

Virgil of course, he's done lots of awesome things, Co-Op, refunds, just all around great.

Scott - Given me tickets to a couple of shows, plus he's a fucking cool guy, real sweetheart.

Counterfiction - Traded me some records for a dead iPod that he wanted.

Sewbr0 - Sold me some cool things for cheap

Nick H - Was my Secret Santa and sent me and sold me lots of cool shit, plus sexy as hayell

Ohio Pride (Joe) - Sold me some awesome records for a good price. Packaging was amazing!

Benchwarmer - Sold me a record for a good deal.

Wadeboggs - Got me a record release edition of Able Baker Fox and sold it to me for cost and threw in a pin too!

HoldFastHope aka rivalcycle - Sold me a Bayside record for cheap.

Hudsonstreetvinyl - Sold me a Darkest Hour test for real cheap.

monk0nuggets - Put out an amazing record that I enjoy incredibly!

Dante3000 - Put together a group buy from Gunner and got me a Gaslight record.

Justin Communiqué - Sent me a CD case that I wanted for a mix and threw in a bunch of goodies!

Controlthebleeding - Put together a cool game.

I probably forgot a bunch but thanks guys! You all are awesome, I've found a lot of good stuff including music through this board. <3

It's coming yo. My house has been under construction for about 6 months but it's totally done now (except for the patio and the lawn). I'll shoot a video of the room and post it to youtube pretty soon. I swear. I want to show it off more than you want to see it, believe me.

see it would have been at least a little bit cool if we could have zoomed in on the spiral of pictures you had Chris post that one time, seriously dude, its been built up to the level of epicness.

See now I'm all nervous about it. Like I've built it up too much. I think it's the coolest thing in the world, but then again it's mine so...