Jimmy Eat World - Futures availability?

Amazon has it.

Awesome. Ordered along with some Blu Ray action to get some free shipping. Thanks much!

We can all have the "Why 'Futures' has only 4 good songs on it" argument in another thread. First topic will be: "Pain" is so bad that it takes the good out of at least 3 other songs.

Pain's a bad song? Sure, its just Bleed American part 2 and obvious single fodder, but hell, it could be a lot worse. Its been awhile since I listened to the album, but I remember there being worse songs on it than Pain....

That said, I haven't seen the record around recently, but it seems like others have already solved that one. I really should pick one up next time I see it.

My original comment was meant as a joke, since I was just saying that I was giving up on being a snob and then proceeded to lay some heavy snobbery on the record. After hearing a few songs live, the idea of the record has grown on me, and I'm giving it another chance. As for where it stands in the pantheon of JEW records, I'd probably put it behind a self-compiled setlist of b-sides ("What I Would Say To You Now," "No Sensitivity," "Spangle," etc.) but I guess that's cheating. Even with all of Bleed American's faults (incite flame war!!1), I'd put that above this one.

It's really the chorus of "Pain" that gets me... terrible 8th grade lyrics and a whiny melody.

Seriously? "Futures" comes after "Clarity" for some of you guys? For me it's "Clarity", "Static Prevails", "Bleed American", "Futures", and then new shitty one.

Clarity>Bleed American>Futures>Chase This Light>>>>>>Static Prevails

For me.

I just have never been able to get into Static Prevails. Not to say it's not a bad record, but it does nothing for me.

clarity

bleed american

static prevails

futures

chase this light

i think bleed american is awesome, i remember getting that CD for free

I liked Bleed American quite a bit too. I remember the cd linked you to an exclusive site when you put it in your cd rom, and you could win JEW merch by solving a weekly puzzle or something...first prize was a vinyl version of the record. Odd tidbit of memories from August 2001.