who wants a limited to 1 O Pioneers LP?

on the other hand tho.. its not fun to watch other people make a huge profit off something you busted your hump for.. people have been selling the mitch clem covered version of this for $80+... of which justin and the band saw only $10.

its capitalism.. if owning this is worth $150 to loki, more power to him. He earned the money, let him spend it the way he sees fit.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put Black Mamba (a record I initially hated cause Eric can't sing)

wow. just wow.

Hahaha. I love Eric's voice. But I didn't give it a far shake at first cause dudes a little rough. :) That being said, of the two new songs I've heard, one is the second best thing Eric's ever written (that i've heard) and his voice is giving Chuck Ragan and Brenden Kelly a scratchy run for their money.

on the other hand tho.. its not fun to watch other people make a huge profit off something you busted your hump for.. people have been selling the mitch clem covered version of this for $80+... of which justin and the band saw only $10.

its capitalism.. if owning this is worth $150 to loki, more power to him. He earned the money, let him spend it the way he sees fit.

As the person who bought it, its a no brainer. Like I said, I love this band, and the money that I used to buy it came from selling a Minus the Bear record and my Chuck Ragan set, two things I would have happily traded for a ltd to 1 cover/variant/etc of this record. And shit I'd rather the money go straight to a label I dig than some cock bag on Ebay.

I don't know why everyone's getting all upset about this. Loki is happy. Justin is happy. Let it be man.

Truth.

Just to be a shit disturber (I really don't care either way) but one could make the same argument for a drug dealer. He's just giving a guy what he wants and he's willing to pay it, so why does everyone get so upset?

And if you've ever met a fanatic or a completist don't give me the "drugs and records aren't the same" speech.

Truth.

Just to be a shit disturber (I really don't care either way) but one could make the same argument for a drug dealer. He's just giving a guy what he wants and he's willing to pay it, so why does everyone get so upset?

And if you've ever met a fanatic or a completist don't give me the "drugs and records aren't the same" speech.

I've bought a 70 dollar bottle of whiskey before. Its gone. This wont be. Price is subjective what the thing you're paying for is worth.

Truth.

i give more shit to the buyer than the seller. if you're selling you assume the risk, but you are providing a service that people want. The government shouldnt pass legislation to protect us from ourselves.

I think people who get mad about that shit are fucking stupid too. I mean, let people do what they want as long as it's not hurting anyone else. Whatever though, I don't really want to start a moral/ethical debate over a record purchase.

I've bought a 70 dollar bottle of whiskey before. Its gone. This wont be. Price is subjective what the thing you're paying for is worth.

i've got an idea,

you buy two bottles of whiskey,

we can sit around and listen to some records,

we'll make better memories then this stupid thread and this twelve inch could ever give you....

(i honestly do hope you love your record it does appear this means alot for you so congrats.)

i've got an idea,

you buy two bottles of whiskey,

we can sit around and listen to some records,

we'll make better memories then this stupid thread and this twelve inch could ever give you....

(i honestly do hope you love your record it does appear this means alot for you so congrats.)

I've actually got three bottles of whiskey around the house right now (scotch, bourbon and rot gut). You come to Tennessee and I'll share and we can listen to O Pioneers records together! :)

3. Anyone who insinuates that Justin is greedy has a very poor understanding of the man.

i'm sorry but he seems to be complaining that he sold a vinyl for over 1200% markup of the original cost. not sure you could really call that anything other then GREEDY in my book.

i don't know justin i just find it insane that someone would take a defect, and then just try to make a huge profit off it, then say "DAMN IT" when the top bid was over a hundred bucks.

why not have 10 people who want the record throw their name into a hat, then sell the record for 200% or 300% normal cost. then justin here makes some more production cost back and someone gets a cool record.

FINALLY, what a shitty defect, ooohhhh missing a label...so rare...

come on, if randomly one vinyl had a shit ton of color in it for some reason or something really bizarre or random but a missing label? come on. that cover better be A-MAZING.

cover made from gold leaf with real silver dye for ink

or

metal frame with the cover etched in from corrosive acid

now those might be worth 100+ bucks IMO ONLY, of course.

I sold this the way I did because I knew this was the place that people who would want a weird defect like this would know about it. I put it up for $5. was it my fault that the first bid was $19?

I honestly didn't think this would go over $30 max.

I was honestly expecting people to be one upping each other by 1 cent margins....like to a stupid degree of silliness.

I did this because I thought why go through some insane corporate manner by listing it on ebay...so i put it up for $5, said I would make a unique cover for it, explicitly said repeatedly that there was nothing different about this one besides missing the label...that i'd make this as insanely personal because I feel that the people that really "get" this band, are my friends here on the board, 99.9% of which I've never met.

This insinuation that I "baited" the 2 or 3 people I knew would want this is completely unfair. I viewed this as completely the democratic way to sell this one record.

When the focus for this board (in a VERY, VERY, VERY cynical way) is essentially a monument to greed, we're all guilty of this, myself definitely included. "I want this i want that, i need to have a test pressing, i must find this tour cover, etc..." I think it's weird that anybody would go throwing the word "greedy" at anyone else(irony is involved with myself, loki and that word as of recently as well...so I am speaking from the bottomless chasm of hypocracy).

This whole thing went down, I made it so that everything was "on the table" so to speak, with no PM deals, I put it at a price that was reasonable, and open to anyone for 28 hours, because not all of us have insane-o-nerd phones like I have and read this board during the day while at work...so i put it up for a day thinking that most people that would care would at least have an opportunity to see it was available.

I add nothing to influence the bidding, in fact at some point I dropped the shipping amount because I thought it was getting out of control...restate what is "wrong" with the record that it's only special for that reason and it continued to skyrocket in price...due to a few people duking it out this becomes my fault, like I was proxy bidding it up.

In the end....the person that got it, won it after somebody else pushed them beyond their top bidding price, in my opinion for the sole reason to fuck with them and make them pay more...for whatever reason...i don't know....and I'm the asshole because I didn't just email one of the 10 people i thought would want this and sell it to them directly, ignoring the other 9 people that would maybe want this.

awesome. really fucking awesome. I know each and every one of you that are bitching about this DOES NOT RUN A RECORD LABEL.

I would like to invite you into my life for a second and offer you the idea of doing 4 LPs almost simultaneously, while barely being employed, deciding to say fuck it and eat the extra costs of just charging everything because I don't have $8000 in cash to press the records...more because I just don't want to let the bands down and delay their records any more than i have to...and on top of that, have to beg and plead and have ridiculous sales to actually sell records and get actual revenue to pay for the previous 27 releases, that maybe 5 have recouped pressing costs or maybe eeked out a small profit, let alone the next 6-10 that I have planned. So I get flack for making a little extra money selling one record...when other people are selling their Mitch Clem variant covers of Black Mambas(limited to 50) on ebay for $50-75.

So for all that. I'm an asshole for someone bidding on a record they wanted in a half-assed, wrong forum listed, bullshit auction.

awesome.