Facebook...

Guest smccown13

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I initially signed up for this b/c it was for College kids only...and i dug it then, it was easy to use, and seemed a better alternative to MySpace...it's quite the drag to get on now, my entire fucking family is on there, and all the new shit they keep adding is just annoying as fuck, I don't want an online plant, or an online bumper sticker (what does that mean anyway?), just weird shit left and right

Guest smccown13

I just signed up for it. I like it. It's cool that everyone has the same layout. That's pretty cool because I don't care if you are "queen bitch" or whatver mysplace layout you downloaded. It was just funny that I signed up, facebook was like "Hey, here are a bunch of douchers from high school.

I just signed up as well and am trying to figure out the pro's and cons of it.

As annoying as MySpace can truly be it keeps me in touch with out of town friends for my personal page, and it makes for a good promotion tool for my label. And while every dogshit band in the universe represents on there it's often where I look when I want to hear something from a band I'm interested in checking out.

So with Facebook I'm attempting to see if it offers any sort of promoting, 'get the word out' features that would be useful that MySpace doesn't offer. If I can't really get anything useful out of it within a few weeks than I'm going to drop out of it because it's just another thing that I don't need to be checking back on on a regular basis.

I made one three years ago, after I was invited by my brother. I've not much used it, as I'm not one for the social networking sites or anything.

I don't like all the programs and stuff they're always adding. And constant invites for games or something. I liked the layout when I first signed up, where everything was there, and in a formatted manner. All the custom stuff on MySpace bugged the hell out of me. (Pages slow to load, or freeze my browser, or music you can't stop, etc...)

Granted Facebook hasn't gotten that bad, I don't think.

Guest smccown13
I just signed up as well and am trying to figure out the pro's and cons of it.

As annoying as MySpace can truly be it keeps me in touch with out of town friends for my personal page, and it makes for a good promotion tool for my label. And while every dogshit band in the universe represents on there it's often where I look when I want to hear something from a band I'm interested in checking out.

So with Facebook I'm attempting to see if it offers any sort of promoting, 'get the word out' features that would be useful that MySpace doesn't offer. If I can't really get anything useful out of it within a few weeks than I'm going to drop out of it because it's just another thing that I don't need to be checking back on on a regular basis.

So far it's a lot less annoying than myspace, from what pisses you off about myspace. So much less annoying.

Facebook was like myspace for adults. More recently the new layout has made it like Twitter for retards and the number of people on it has drug it back down to Myspace, in terms of people contacting you who you don't like and silly ass updates. I do like that I can just cut the updates from some people.

Mostly I hate people.

Agreed.

I'm not into all the silly bullshit about 'what sort of plant are you?' or whatever, and then getting all these updates about what kind of plant my friends are. I honestly don't care at all.

I also see the similarities to Twitter, which isn't necessarily bad. But again, most of it is stuff I could care less about.

i like facebook much more than myspace, but all these redesigns and "additions" make it much shittier. it's sad though that myspace is left copying whatever shit new feature facebook adds though. myspace is what all the rednecks in my area are on, i don't think they're smart enough for facebook thankfully. had one of them from high school add me on myspace 4 days ago, then today she had deleted me for some reason... i never talked to the bitch, but didn't feel like denying her since i didn't have anything personal against her.