Fest 8

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard he gets asked every year but he wants too much money, I think if he could be convinced either, A) it'd be good publicity or B) he'd sell a shit ton of merch it might be possible.

I would love to see him at the venue.

It would be very easy to convince him of both I'd imagine. And C) that it's the best party ever. And we all know his stance on those.

Guest genericinsight
Are the bands getting released on July 1st?

I'd say its a fair assumption some bands will be announced when the whole site goes up, but bands always get added afterwards up until the actual Fest too.

I've heard he gets asked every year but he wants too much money, I think if he could be convinced either, A) it'd be good publicity or B) he'd sell a shit ton of merch it might be possible.

His asking price is something like $20,000. Well, I shouldn't say "his," it's more like "his booking agent's." It's such a bummer.

His asking price is something like $20,000. Well, I shouldn't say "his," it's more like "his booking agent's." It's such a bummer.

I suppose if they book it like a one off, that's possible. Too bad, I think he'd be a great fit and (from all I've seen/heard) he seems like a genuine guy. But no amount of letter writing is dropping $18,000 off that price.

I suppose if they book it like a one off, that's possible. Too bad, I think he'd be a great fit and (from all I've seen/heard) he seems like a genuine guy. But no amount of letter writing is dropping $18,000 off that price.

stranger things have happened...

Guest genericinsight

So question. Is anyone planning on being there on Thursday?

I'm flying down on an awards flight this year and all I was able to get were Thursday flights (Friday only allowed me one at like 9:30pm to leave NY... no way). I wanted to get there a day early since I'm going to be tabling at the flea market on Friday afternoon, give me a chance to set up most likely before the craziness... but I'm stuck there for basically the whole day. Only flight I could get that would coordinate with the Runways shuttle time schedule from Jacksonville airport will now get me into Gainesville at like 1pm that day.

I know there's usually a pre-Fest show or shows that go on, but I'm going to be likely all by myself on Thursday for most of the day since all the folks I'm rooming/going with are getting down there the next day.

Is there normally more than one pre-show? Any other cool pre-Fest stuff that happens?

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting Peej over at the Fest board

just a heads up guys, tickets aren't going to happen today. The web designer guys had a bad crash and are having some issues.

Tickets didn't go on sale last year until August 26th so don't fret, everyone who wants one will get one.

You should know by now not to hold us to silly things like "specific dates", etc.