Fest 8

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was able to find someone to go with, now that I'm over 18, I'd totally go. Financially, it's no problem, but going to Fest solo would be pretty depressing, I think.

dude, going solo to this fest is the perfect way to go.. because you are forced to meet and hang out with people. i went by myself, and i met a ton of great people. and i saw some dude's face posted up all over the hotel and university avenue... :P

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking of going...don't know how much it is to fly from CA. If it isn't too ridiculous, I'm there.

If you get enough people you only end up paying about $400-$500 per person off one of those William Shatner/talking gnome sites. Between 6 of us we're paying a little over $400 per person for a round trip flight out of LAX and two rooms at the Paramount from Thursday (10/29) to Monday (11/1).

Mondo is thinking about going with us so if you can't find people to go with we have an empty spot. We want to go as a group of 8 just to cut down on the pricing. Those sites, however, only let 4 people per room. There would be females also so you wouldn't have to worry about it being a full blown sausage party.

I'm thinking of going...don't know how much it is to fly from CA. If it isn't too ridiculous, I'm there.

You can easily find round trip flights for $250 or less from LAX to Tampa. Fly into Tampa on Thursday for the pre-Fest show and then hitch a ride to Gainesville the next day. Just do a little shopping and you'll find really good deals on flights.

Guest genericinsight
haha, alright awesome. I will keep you updated. Are a lot or any of the venues 21+? I don't want to go if so, since I'll be a few weeks shy of 21.

I'm fairly sure most if not all of the venues are 18+, with a select few being all ages.

It's Fest... How could there not be a decent lineup?

Seriously. Here's the lineup.

Last year's lineup - bands that broke up - minus reunited headliners + badass new bands + even more badass reunited headliners than last year = This year's lineup.

Actually, I heard they are trying to switch it up a little this year, and a lot of bands are gonna take a year off.