Michael Jackson had a heart attack [update RIP]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This fucking sucks...I don't care what he may or may not have done to little boys (I always thought he was innocent anyway)...I will leave the judging to the idiots who actually care about celebrity drama (TMZ/Perez Hilton people, I am looking at you...in total disgust).

One of my earliest memories of vinyl was jamming to Thriller with my brother as a little kid. That will always be how I remember the cat...rest in piece duder.

Likely his share of the rights go to his children and I doubt anyone holding rights to the songs of the Beatles would sell them back to Paul or Ringo. Well they might but I don't think they have enough money to buy them back.

those guys are both billionaires. they can definitely afford it. while michael jackson sold a shitload of records (i'll estimate like 650 mil), the beatles sold a BILLION records.

If that was the case, they would have been able to afford to buy them at the time I would have thought.

Never really cared for him, so I'm not going to start now, but it sucks when anyone dies that young.

Farrah Fawcett picked a shitty day to go.

In unrelated news, I find it hilarious that Flava Flav is referred to as a "reality star" these days.

Im sure her family is happy about the amount of privacy they are going to have now to deal with her passing.

Anyone else think he passed from AIDS? He's been progressively frailer every time he appears in public over the past few years, he's been on all sorts of unidentified medications, and he died of cardiac arrest -- which is different from a heart attack. Generally, AIDS patients die from cardiac arrest caused by complications of the disease. Plus, they're reporting his doctor was already on-hand at his house when he stopped breathing.

I don't know why I'm even thinking this, but for some reason, it just sort of makes sense. He was probably feeling healthy enough a few months back to do one last run of shows but then as he began rehearsing for them, his condition worsened.

And if anyone could keep that disease secret, it's MJ.

I dunno; just a theory.

Anyone else think he passed from AIDS? He's been progressively frailer every time he appears in public over the past few years, he's been on all sorts of unidentified medications, and he died of cardiac arrest -- which is different from a heart attack. Generally, AIDS patients die from cardiac arrest caused by complications of the disease. Plus, they're reporting his doctor was already on-hand at his house when he stopped breathing.

I don't know why I'm even thinking this, but for some reason, it just sort of makes sense. He was probably feeling healthy enough a few months back to do one last run of shows but then as he began rehearsing for them, his condition worsened.

I dunno; just a theory.

That sounds possible

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':u9srakyu]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':u9srakyu]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

those guys are both billionaires. they can definitely afford it. while michael jackson sold a shitload of records (i'll estimate like 650 mil), the beatles sold a BILLION records.

If that was the case, they would have been able to afford to buy them at the time I would have thought.

i mean i don't know their motivations for not buying the rights, but i'd wager to say that they just wanted to be as far away from those recordings as possible. pretty sure towards the end of the beatles career they distanced themselves from the music they made at the height of their popularity.

i mean i don't know their motivations for not buying the rights, but i'd wager to say that they just wanted to be as far away from those recordings as possible. pretty sure towards the end of the beatles career they distanced themselves from the music they made at the height of their popularity.

mccartney entrusted jackson about buying the rights once apple was disbanded. jackson basically sniped him and that's how he won the rights to all the songs. hence why mccartney was pissed after all those years.. which is why michael said he was going to make it up and when he passed the rights would be transferred back to mccartney. i'm probably sure there's a few stipulations, but now paul won't have to pay rights to play his own songs.

I dunno; just a theory.

Not a bad theory. What are the chances he could have faked his own death too? I know it's far fetched, but maybe those shows in July were just too much pressure.

I dunno; just a theory.

Not a bad theory. What are the chances he could have faked his own death too? I know it's far fetched, but maybe those shows in July were just too much pressure.

that's kinda what I was thinking too...

I dunno; just a theory.

MJ had Lupus - although it had been in remission - but Lupus is one of those diseases that can effect one's heart.

There are also speculations that his doctor administered an overdose of Demerol, that may be where the "sleeping pill" rumor is coming from.

Guest genericinsight

I'm basically agreeing with all the theories pointed out here - especially Scott's, that's really interesting, though of course the potential suicide, accidental or not, rings too. The idea of him faking his death also seems possible.

All that stuff aside though, I felt he was an amazing talent who just had a lot of severe mental problems. I mean, the guy had a shitty life... not trying to justify what his supposed actions are, but I also have come to have a different perspective for mental illness or "madness" over the last year. I totally am of the belief that madness inspires creativity... if you look at the major talents of the world (Kurt Cobain is a major example), most of them had widely known mental health issues. It's also the case in several lesser known musical acts too.

I'm bummed at the loss of a musical giant/genius. Thriller has been on repeat all day for me.

I dunno; just a theory.

good theory.. but i saw a few short sightings. there are way too many reasons for weight loss, heavy medication, and ultimately cardiac arrest. poor diet (my dad's reason for dying), stress, depression, cancer, parasitic diseases, etc etc.. dementia??? most likely it was the combination of stress and medication that fucked up his heart and caused the arrest.

I can see why someone would think that, but a full fledged AIDS victim would know by this time that he had aids. And I'm sure a doctor would advised against touring due to the stress factor alone and the amount of it he'd put on his body, thus quickening the process for death. Usually by this time if he did have aids, he wouldn't have the mobility to actually tour. that's the only reason i'd probably think it was something else.