the swellers sign to Fueled By Ramen

subject says it all. kinda surprising given the other bands on the current roster, but i think this could be a good thing for both the swellers and fueled by ramen.

new 7" later in the month with their new record coming out in september with paper + plastick doing the vinyl for both. a paramore/swellers tour is also in the works.

Since bag cat is out of the bag, they're also having the vinyl put out on paper+Plastick.

Just talked to them about this last night, apparently they're the only signing this year and FBR is more stoked on them than almost any of the bands they sign. Sounds like they'll get some good support.

how was the show? i almost went.

Since bag cat is out of the bag, they're also having the vinyl put out on paper+Plastick.

Just talked to them about this last night, apparently they're the only signing this year and FBR is more stoked on them than almost any of the bands they sign. Sounds like they'll get some good support.

how was the show? i almost went.

So good. I was out way to late. The local opener was not my thing at all. They had a projector projecting random images over the stage and a smoke machine and shit. They just sounded like a ton of other fuzzed out indie girl bands.

Living with Lions is probably one of the only bands I'd classify as "Hardcore influenced pop punk" that I'd be into. They were super fun. And The Swellers killed it. Played some new songs and they sounded tight.

yep! mentioned the vinyl in the original post too - excited to see how the band's future shapes up. they got a new bass player too, kinda weird since no one has said much about it. i know brad and he hasn't said a word about it - makes me wonder if he was kicked out or left willingly. part of me thinks he was kind of a stop gap to keep the band going.