Rediscovering an album

This is one of my favourite things to experience. Who's with me?

I'm talking about pulling out an album that maybe you liked, maybe you didn't, but it came out a year or more ago. But when you start listening to it again this time, the whole experience is different. You are totally digging this album. It's blowing your mind. It's changing your perspective.

This happens to me all the time. I pick up an album and make a snap judgement about it only to find that, a year later, I feel totally different about it.

I am currently being blown away by Dillinger Four - C I V I L W A R. I really liked it when it first came out, but I am LOVING it now.

What are yours?

i was the same way at first. i think i kind of forced myself to like brendan's voice when The Falcon came out, though, because i felt like i needed to like them since Dan played bass. after really listening to the lyrics, i realized how funny/clever brendan is as a songwriter. then i saw him play a solo acoustic show and met him afterwards, and he was a really awesome dude. it all just came together for me.

This happened to me with Latterman. The first time I heard them I really didn't get all the hype and then six months later I gave them another shot and was blown away.

The same thing happened with Fucked Up.

EDIT: Unlike most of you I fell in love with The Lawrence Arms immediatly, but when I checked out The Broadways it took me forever to get over Dan's voice. I love it now, but at first it was super grating.

This is one of my top three feelings, up there with finding money in your pockets and breaking even after a while of being down in some form of gambling. (I rarely gamble, but that's such an awesome feeling to dig yourself out of a hole like that.)

I hadn't listened to the Offspring in years, but when that album got [re-?]pressed recently I had to pick up Smash because I loved it when I was like 9 or however old. It was just as good as I remembered, and I wondered why they went so far downhill after that.

It would probably have to be Cursive - The Ugly Organ. I had listened to a few Cursive songs over the years and thought that they were sort of meh, and then a couple years ago I saw The Ugly Organ in a store so I picked it up, and it was amazing.

Also, Silver Springs by No Knife gets more and more amazing every time I listen to it.

For all of you Lawrence Arms people on the fence, I'd check out Oh, Calcutta. I was on the fence with them for awhile, but I heard that album and it changed it for me. I neglected checking that album out for awhile because I figured a band would only get worse after like, 5 albums, but it's easily my favorite of theirs.

I hadn't heard Propagandhi until Potemkin City Limits had come out and when I first heard it, I thought it was really bland and boring. Then I ACTUALLY listened to it and realized how amazing it really is. Now its one of my favorite albums.