(band) tattoos

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the fence about band logo tattoos...I know I wouldn't get a tattoo of a band's name but if they had a unique and interesting logo...and I'm a hardcore fan of the band of course, then I'd consider it.

The only two bands that I'd entertain the though would be NIN or Shai Hulud...

For NIN, I'd consider the logo for the "Sin" single:

[image]

For Shai Hulud...maybe the heart and pins from the cover of "Hearts Once Nourished with Hope and Compassion":

[image]

Or, the dragon on the background for the lyrics for "The Consumate Dragon" in the booklet done by Chandler Owen on the "That Wihin Blood Ill-Tempered" cd.

Ive got three trio tattoos:

heart skull on my wrist and then an aurora inspired tattoo on the back of one forearm and a donner party all night inspired tattoo on the back of my other forearm...

I think my next "band" tattoo may be some Have Heart lyrics... but I have to finish my Forbidden Planet piece on my leg...

Between tattoos and records I don't know how I pay any bills...

I'm on the fence about band logo tattoos...I know I wouldn't get a tattoo of a band's name but if they had a unique and interesting logo...and I'm a hardcore fan of the band of course, then I'd consider it.

The only two bands that I'd entertain the though would be NIN or Shai Hulud...

For NIN, I'd consider the logo for the "Sin" single:

[image]

For Shai Hulud...maybe the heart and pins from the cover of "Hearts Once Nourished with Hope and Compassion":

[image]

Or, the dragon on the background for the lyrics for "The Consumate Dragon" in the booklet done by Chandler Owen on the "That Wihin Blood Ill-Tempered" cd.

can't do the Hulud heart anymore since killswitch engage stole that it for their 3rd album cover...the first one with the new singer guy... ::):-X

my friend Jimmy, who used to roadie for them has that on his arm and I poke fun about it being a KSE tattoo all the time...he gets pissed.

i have my whole left arm and chest coverd in fifteen and crimpshrine tattoos.

i also have a strike anywhere circle on my leg, sick of it all tattoo on my neck and as gay a some people might think a anti-flag broken guns tattoo on my neck.

post some of those crimpshrine and fifteen tattoos!

posted

I've always thought about getting a band tattoo like a logo but then I'm worried I might not like the band then years down the line. I had a friend who got an MXPX tattoo in high school then turned into the most hardcore metal guy on the planet. I'd much rather get a lyric than just a straight logo.

that thought went through my head, but then i figured the only way i wouldn't like owth songs is if i started taking anti-depressants.

I've been thinking a lot lately of getting the art that Drew Speziale did for my band on my right arm. I've got to find a really amazing tattoo artist to do it.

what band? post the art!

This is the piece he did for my band Hello, Star Vega. I'm considering getting it on the back of my right arm so it kind of comes around to the front at the top.

[image]

posted

awesome, i was hoping the cover of ooze would be in there somewhere.

it is! haha. on my left are right below the blind swords men bot of those are from ooze. the cover is the boy sleeping in the door way, the back is the blind swords men and the inside of theres no place like home