Get Up Kids reunion tour setlist

So the TGUK reunion tour kicked off on Friday in Kansas City, and here's the setlist for anyone wondering:

"Holiday"

"I'm a Loner, Dottie, A Rebel"

"Coming Clean"

"Valentine"

"The One You Want"

"Woodson"

"No Love"

"Out of Reach"

"Keith Case"

"Red Letter Day"

"Campfire Kansas"

"Holy Roman"

"Mass Pike"

"Martyr Me"

"Close to Home"

"Action and Action"

"Walking on a Wire"

Encore:

"Close to Me" (the Cure)

"Don't Hate Me"

"I'll Catch You"

"10 Minutes"

(from http://www.spin.com/articles/get-kids-wow-hometown-tour-opener )

This is pretty much exactly what I expected them to play, although I hope they change it up a little through the tour (I mean "Holy Roman," really? Who needs to hear that?). I hate to be the guy who always yells for the old songs, but this setlist totally needs more Four Minute Mile/Red Letter Day/Woodson songs.

swap out "holy roman" for "sympathy" or "how long is too long" and i'd be happy with it.

I like holy roman....I actually really like the "guilt show" record as a whole....am I alone in this opinion?

You're not alone. However, I do feel as though every time I've seen them play it Holy Roman it just has a weird feel standing on its own and doesn't ever fit well into the set. Also, there are wayyy better Guilt Show songs to play.

Actually, Guilt Show was my favorite of theirs for a long time. It's a very underrated album for sure. They went all weird on "On A Wire", which I still like, but sounded like a more mature version of themselves on Guilt Show. I would love to see "How Long is too Long" and "Sympathy" for sure though, those songs are great.

How Long Is Too Long

Shorty

Forgive and Forget

those need to be added. Still so excited to finally see The Get Up Kids

The first time I saw Blackpool Lights, Jim's post-TGUK band, there were about 10-15 people there (all diehard TGUK fans), and he was like, "I promised myself I wouldn't do this... But fuck it, it's my song." And then they played "Forgive And Forget," and I LOST MY MIND. It was so rad.

swap out "holy roman" for "sympathy" or "how long is too long" and i'd be happy with it.

I like holy roman....I actually really like the "guilt show" record as a whole....am I alone in this opinion?

uh, i love "guilt show." but the two songs i suggested, from that album, are way better than holy roman. but the whole album is awesome. its my favourite of theirs.

How are they live? They're playing in Buffalo, but since I saw them on the "Four Minute Mile", "Something To Write Home About", and "On A Wire" tours, so I'm not sure I want to ruin my memories.

They were WAY better live and it was a much more fun show than any I had been to since 2001. It's like they actually enjoy playing shows together again. Even the On A Wire tour was pretty dull even though I enjoy the album a lot.

Just stumbled across this article. Of particular note is the last answer:

"We've written and recorded 9 songs, and they are being mixed right now. We're not really approaching it in the traditional "we're gonna put out a new record and do the touring cycle" way. We're gonna more fun stuff, like good vinyl and limited edition releases. Cool shit, not just "here's the new CD." Everyone has so much going on it really works better for us that way."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2009/09/qa_get_up_kids_matt_pryor_talk.php

How are they live? They're playing in Buffalo, but since I saw them on the "Four Minute Mile", "Something To Write Home About", and "On A Wire" tours, so I'm not sure I want to ruin my memories.

They were WAY better live and it was a much more fun show than any I had been to since 2001. It's like they actually enjoy playing shows together again. Even the On A Wire tour was pretty dull even though I enjoy the album a lot.

They were beyond boring on that tour. The best thing about that show was a "Low Level Owl" era Appleseed Cast as the opener.