eHarmony?

nickz123

dudes, how old are you guys!?

why do you need online dating sites?

This is pretty true. I should have mentioned that you'll go on dates with at least 10 girls that all suck and another 10 that think you suck. You might get lucky.

Go to a show, go to a bar, etc... and talk to a girl there. Your chances will be better.

My friend who used the site isn't very social, so it was kind of the only way for him.

I wasn't social, don't drink, didn't do much, work/live in the middle of nowhere. I actually met my wife to be (11 days) on myspace (GASP!), but that was also about 6 years ago before it got all sketchy and crappy.

I met my g/f (1.5 years) on Myspace. With Facebook / Myspace it's easier to find out something about the person rather than with those generic dating sites.

Dude, don't get sucked in to the easy way out. Trying to find a partner by comparing a list of variables is like choosing a religion from the "religion" box on a facebook profile. If someone can sum themselves up in 200 words or less then there obviously isn't that much going on.

Get your self out there, take a risk. It's not easy, It's not fast and 9 times out of 10 it isn't going to be successful but it will be damn sure more fun. It's not about what you end up with its all about the journey.

I'm not discrediting these sites, and if worked for you then its awesome. I just enjoy finding out about people from talking to them not from reading their profile. Also, i have had some good relationships from people with absolutely nothing in common with me that i would of missed out on if my friends had run a cross check on us before we met.

Good luck with what ever you choose to do.

if you find the girl you want from online community and you know later her background is something you can't accept.

how you will do ?

keep forward with her or part and looking for a new one.

story like this always happend in romantic comedy film and i wanna know if it happend in a real life, what you guys will do....

Dude, don't get sucked in to the easy way out. Trying to find a partner by comparing a list of variables is like choosing a religion from the "religion" box on a facebook profile. If someone can sum themselves up in 200 words or less then there obviously isn't that much going on.

Get your self out there, take a risk. It's not easy, It's not fast and 9 times out of 10 it isn't going to be successful but it will be damn sure more fun. It's not about what you end up with its all about the journey.

I'm not discrediting these sites, and if worked for you then its awesome. I just enjoy finding out about people from talking to them not from reading their profile. Also, i have had some good relationships from people with absolutely nothing in common with me that i would of missed out on if my friends had run a cross check on us before we met.

Good luck with what ever you choose to do.

I agree with this. You're dismissing people because of some quirk on their profile and who knows how truthful people are with those things. I would think you'd find more socially awkward people or people who can't make time to go meet people on there. I'm skeptical of it but there will always be people who are successful with it.

Guest genericinsight

Maybe you shouldn't try hard to meet someone to be in a relationship with and just let it happen naturally. Trust me, trying to force the issue is going to make it more awkward and more pressure. Why not just be friends first?