Official Secret Santa 3.0 (2009)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry I have been off the board for a few days I have been sick with pneumonia ugh

Please make sure you check both trade lists in my sig... my fiance has a ton of records too and I would hate for anyone to waste money :)

Here is a little about me you may not know... I like...

Hello Kitty

The Groovie Ghoulies (obviously)

most pop punk i.e. lookout! bands

The Gaslight Anthem

I have recently gotten really into Murder by Death

Heroes

The Office

True Blood

Molly Ringwald movies

WoW (although I have not had time to play much since the baby)

I am a(n)...

art teacher

vegan

new mother

grad student

size small regular t or medium girls t

I do not like...

any sports

I got a PM from an "elf" asking what I'm into on the behalf of my Secret Santa, so here goes:

-I love vinyl (duh) -- I own a lot of stuff (my out-of-date list is in my sig), so unless you're gonna get me the Rival Schools LP or the first Ted Leo LP on Lookout!, I'd recommend a VC gift certificate if you're going this route. Otherwise, I'm pretty much squared away on music, given my day job.

-Don't even bother trying to find clothing for me, as I'm a fat dude and it's damn near impossible.

-Magazines I regularly read/subscribe to are AP, Wired and Playboy (who wants to extract something Freudian from that?) and websites I spend an inordinate amount of time perusing (besides here) are the Onion's AV Club, Consumerist, Buddyhead and a host of random, goofy blogs (fuckyeahsharks, Fail Blog, PostSecret, Graphjam, Fuck You Penguin, etc.). I've also recently been into more food-related blogs (Slice, Bacon Today, Fancy Fast Food, etc.) although I make no assertions of being able to cook anything beyond a bowl of cereal.

-I love The Office and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and I need the most recent seasons of both on DVD. Sayin'.

-I really enjoy music-related non-fiction (i.e. Our Band Could Be Your Life). Everyone tells me to read Chuck Klosterman, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Hope that helps whoever has me! If it doesn't, tell your elf to ping me again. :)

michael myers or whatever your name is right now, PM me, your trade list doesn't exist.

Me?

I don't think he means you. i had you on my list... i think he means the other Michael Myers/goraiders which is now currently just "Michael" . his tradelist is empty now. It wasn't before.. WTF?

I PM'ed him for you Justin...

Hi Secret Santa,

I like a whole bunch of stuff, like music, games (the board and video kind), martial arts (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA), obscure and random lists and facts about things, and hockey.

But honestly, I think it's more fun just to go all out and be random when it comes to Secret Santa. Chances are if you think it's cool, I'll probably think it's cool. Just have fun with this and be creative, that's what I hope to do!

Whoever got me. I love shirts and hoodies. Wear an xl shirt if it's american apparel L in pretty much everyone else. Bands I'm loving right now Title Fight, Wolves in the Throne Room, Sunn, etc. I love pop punk and weird noise bands. I collect O Pioneers records, but I have pretty much everything except the white cover for this is how i feel/limp bizkit.

Outside of that I have an xbox 360. I have two awesome cats. My wife is a tattoo artist and is amazing. I love drawing with different colors of elmer's paint pens. I don't like picture discs. I love weird 7"s. If you can draw me a picture and throw it in with what you send me. Also a big fan of sour candy and whiskey. Oh and horror movies, with a very soft spot for gore flicks.

Hello SS,

Things i like,

Music- Fifteen-Rancid-Crimpshrine-jawbreaker-elliott-none more black-nofx-Bouncing souls (check my trade list for what i dont have)

Movies/shows-Dexter-Anything Robin Williams (pretty much got everything though)

Shirts/hoodies-i wear either a large or xl.

I am trying to be quite vauge so at least my SS has a slight idea.