Official Secret Santa 3.0 (2009)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine last week. I got a copy of the Coliseum/Young Widows split 7" on yellow w red splatter. I really wanted a copy of this record so I am super stoked. The package also had a copy of Chuck Ragan - Feast or Famine, Jon Snodgrass/Joey Cape split 7", and Gaslight Anthem - 59 Sound Re-Release 7".

Thank you Secret Santa.

Now, there were no clues but his name and address were on the box he turned inside out. So, with very little investigation here on VC I'm pretty sure my SS was Mr. Nic/dutchrudder.

Thanks dude!!

Shit I didn't even think about that. Well Merry Christmas, hope you liked the stuff.

I got mine last week. I got a copy of the Coliseum/Young Widows split 7" on yellow w red splatter. I really wanted a copy of this record so I am super stoked. The package also had a copy of Chuck Ragan - Feast or Famine, Jon Snodgrass/Joey Cape split 7", and Gaslight Anthem - 59 Sound Re-Release 7".

Thank you Secret Santa.

Now, there were no clues but his name and address were on the box he turned inside out. So, with very little investigation here on VC I'm pretty sure my SS was Mr. Nic/dutchrudder.

Thanks dude!!

Shit I didn't even think about that. Well Merry Christmas, hope you liked the stuff.

Thanks Nic. I definitely dig the records. Thanks again.

Can't find my damn camera. I recieved three seven inches.

-Mike Hale/ Joey Cape UTI split

-Off With Their Heads - live at the atlantic

-Bullet Treatment - the bigger, the better.

All awesome 7inches that I'm super stoked to have. The note inside said the person was from Jersey, loves Rancid and was in a ladies home journal ad in 1990. Pretty sure MARC is my SS but haven't heard back from the dude to confirm.

There was a mysterious tube in my mailbox this afternoon. When I cracked it open, I found 7 Weezer promotional posters from before the Green Album came out:

[image]

Way cool! And just ignore the kids toys; they were the closest thing I could grab to hold them down. No clues, but a postmark from Coon Rapids, MN, just north of Minneapolis. Thanks Santa!

EDIT: Hmm, deafmx is from MSP; are you my Santa?

kinda bummed the tube made it first but the postal guy said posters weren't media so they had to go first class or whatever. i really thought both pieces would still get there at the same time but whatever. the next box should be kinda cool, but i knew you'd dig the weezer posters ;) i recently came across them in all my posters and promo stuff. couldn't think of any better home!

There was a mysterious tube in my mailbox this afternoon. When I cracked it open, I found 7 Weezer promotional posters from before the Green Album came out:

[image]

Way cool! And just ignore the kids toys; they were the closest thing I could grab to hold them down. No clues, but a postmark from Coon Rapids, MN, just north of Minneapolis. Thanks Santa!

EDIT: Hmm, deafmx is from MSP; are you my Santa?

kinda bummed the tube made it first but the postal guy said posters weren't media so they had to go first class or whatever. i really thought both pieces would still get there at the same time but whatever. the next box should be kinda cool, but i knew you'd dig the weezer posters ;) i recently came across them in all my posters and promo stuff. couldn't think of any better home!

And there's more?! Awesome!

And there's more?! Awesome!

i hope so! i would feel so bad if ALL i sent were some promo posters i had sitting around :P i really hope you like the main package. the tube was just there to sweeten the deal.

i just couldn't wait and i felt justified because my SS got part of his present already.

jasonskanks. yeah, you. you're awesome. i did not ever expect to get THIS record in the mail in 2009. i won't doubt another person is from PA ever again :P now i'm only missing like 2 more records from my jonah collection. thank you, thank you, thank you!

[image]

also, the note and customized Glenn Miller record. ;)

[image]

this also looks to be a hand painted mailer. too much elbow grease involved in this package!

[image]

and you say there's more!? are you nuts!? this made my day already after getting my banged up 27 record yesterday. THANKS!

Got the other half of my gift from deafmx:

[image]

50 Foot Wave's Power and Light, and local MSP band A Whisper in the Noise's As the Bluebird Sings. I spun a couple tracks off that one before the kid went down for her nap, and I'm liking it!

There's also an obscene pile of stickers, cards and comp cds, and he made a donation to the local rabbit rescue. Awesome all around. Thanks so much!

I wish I could find my camera, because I got a ton of stuff.

Highlights:

Banner Pilot--Collapser

Toys That Kill--Control the Sun on gold vinyl

Lemuria--Get Better

Devo--Whip It 7"

The Great Redneck Hope--'Splosion 10" pic disc

and a few other 7"s

My SS was DevinR. Thanks dude (and sorry it took a few days to post)!

I Got mine friday.

It's a sweet longsleeve from sthe speical effect company where my SS works.

[image]

I really don't know who he/she is though.

He joined a note saying He works for a special effect company, he's favorite movie last year was star trek and he's name is an anagram of Santa He Limp or Atheism Plan.

I've check everyone who participate in SS this year, and realize that the anagram is of he's real name. Unfortunately, I have no idea of people's real name. My guess is Slim P. Anetha

Thanks a lot, SS! Merry christmas.

I Got mine friday.

It's a sweet longsleeve from sthe speical effect company where my SS works.

[image]

I really don't know who he/she is though.

He joined a note saying He works for a special effect company, he's favorite movie last year was star trek and he's name is an anagram of Santa He Limp or Atheism Plan.

I've check everyone who participate in SS this year, and realize that the anagram is of he's real name. Unfortunately, I have no idea of people's real name. My guess is Slim P. Anetha

Thanks a lot, SS! Merry christmas.

That's a sweet shirt!

I wish I could find my camera, because I got a ton of stuff.

Highlights:

Banner Pilot--Collapser

Toys That Kill--Control the Sun on gold vinyl

Lemuria--Get Better

Devo--Whip It 7"

The Great Redneck Hope--'Splosion 10" pic disc

and a few other 7"s

My SS was DevinR. Thanks dude (and sorry it took a few days to post)!

You're welcome Casey. I'm glad you like it.

Holy crap! I finally gave in to temptation and opened mine...jesus christ it was chock full of goodies. Granted, I don't know all of the bands, but I'm excited to spin everything that's in there. There are LPs by The Wednesdays (who I've been meaning to check out), Thou and The Beautiful Mistake; 7"s by Eleventh Hour, Encounter, Flogging Molly, Planes Mistaken for Stars and Dropkick Murphys (a 7" I had and sold and am pretty stoked to have back; a bunch of stickers and CDs, a couple of buttons and a patch. I have a lot of listening to do over the next few weeks...STOKED!!!!

So, mine was easy (I think). I'm going to guess smailtronic...the clues were Weezer, Louisiana and stuff...and the post mark was from Baton Rouge....so if it was you, THANKS! I can't wait to check all this stuff out.

[image]

Holy crap! I finally gave in to temptation and opened mine...jesus christ it was chock full of goodies. Granted, I don't know all of the bands, but I'm excited to spin everything that's in there. There are LPs by The Wednesdays (who I've been meaning to check out), Thou and The Beautiful Mistake; 7"s by Eleventh Hour, Encounter, Flogging Molly, Planes Mistaken for Stars and Dropkick Murphys (a 7" I had and sold and am pretty stoked to have back; a bunch of stickers and CDs, a couple of buttons and a patch. I have a lot of listening to do over the next few weeks...STOKED!!!!

So, mine was easy (I think). I'm going to guess smailtronic...the clues were Weezer, Louisiana and stuff...and the post mark was from Baton Rouge....so if it was you, THANKS! I can't wait to check all this stuff out.

[image]

Correct! Your tradelist was pretty formidable, but I hope you like it all. There's definitely a fair bit of variety in there!

Guest kissthesharks
My sources confirm that the second part of my gift to a certain Texan should be arriving today. There will no doubt be applause later, I have a feeling.

And I have decided to refrain from opening my package until Christmas. That's just how it's going to be.

Haha!! How did you know I'm incredibly lazy? This is great! I'm not sure if I thanked you for the other part. I really really liked the records. It's the kind of stuff I liked! The shirt was top notch too. THANKS BRAD!