Horror Movie Thread

its october, and theres a lot of horror movie talk going on.

I just watched deadgirl, super fucking disturbing but a decent movie. its about these two dead end kids who stumble across this naked girl chained to a bed in a mental institute and instead of doing the right thing take advantage of her. also, she can't die.

creepy as fucking hell.

anybody watch anything worth a damn lately besides drag me to hell or paranormal activity?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched a decent horror movie in years.

A few that have stood out and are a must for me:

Hellraiser I & II

Nightbreed

The Exorcist

Rosemary's Baby

The Eye (original HK version)

Dark Water (original Japanese version)

I have very little regard or care for a lot of the new wave of horror films by the likes of Eli Roth and those directors. Seems that they're more into the shock-value than the actual terror that a classic film can induce.

Just my opinion.

its october, and theres a lot of horror movie talk going on.

I just watched deadgirl, super fucking disturbing but a decent movie. its about these two dead end kids who stumble across this naked girl chained to a bed in a mental institute and instead of doing the right thing take advantage of her. also, she can't die.

creepy as fucking hell.

anybody watch anything worth a damn lately besides drag me to hell or paranormal activity?

dude, i was going to make a horror movie thread the other day. awesome! i am glad you did this.

next to my love for music is my love for horror movies. seriously! i collect horror movies of all kinds, vhs included.

i did a Halloween marathon yesterday Part 1 (the original)-Rob Zombie's version. I will say this and i am sure i am alone in this, but Season Of The Witch is underrated. I don't consider this to be a Halloween movie. everybody hates this movie because it is not linked to the previous 2 movies, which is understandable. i think if they just called this "Season Of The Witch" it would have been better received, but in order to make money they had to strap that Halloween title on to it.

the most underrated horror movie in my opinion is Black Christmas (1974). This movie is one of the greatest horror movies ever made and it's influence is often over looked and never received the credit it deserved. if it wasn't for this movie, Halloween, Friday The 13th, When A Stranger Calls and many more may not exist. It was one of the first movies to feature the Killer's point of view. this may be a spoiler if you haven't seen it, but "the calls are coming from inside the house" was here first, other than babysitter urban legend stories. you never see "billy" and he is never caught. a fantastic and fully satisfying movie. highly recommended.

I collect old VHS horror movies from the 80's. the artwork is killer.

i still need to check out trick r' treat.

i didn't mind this movie too much. it was kinda retarded that the guy that played skippy on family ties was the main character. i have the soundtrack on vinyl. i'll dig it out and post the pic.

next to my love for music is my love for horror movies. seriously! i collect horror movies of all kinds, vhs included.

i did a Halloween marathon yesterday Part 1 (the original)-Rob Zombie's version. I will say this and i am sure i am alone in this, but Season Of The Witch is underrated. I don't consider this to be a Halloween movie. everybody hates this movie because it is not linked to the previous 2 movies, which is understandable. i think if they just called this "Season Of The Witch" it would have been better received, but in order to make money they had to strap that Halloween title on to it.

the most underrated horror movie in my opinion is Black Christmas (1974). This movie is one of the greatest horror movies ever made and it's influence is often over looked and never received the credit it deserved. if it wasn't for this movie, Halloween, Friday The 13th, When A Stranger Calls and many more may not exist. It was one of the first movies to feature the Killer's point of view. this may be a spoiler if you haven't seen it, but "the calls are coming from inside the house" was here first, other than babysitter urban legend stories. you never see "billy" and he is never caught. a fantastic and fully satisfying movie. highly recommended.

LOVE Season of the Witch dude. Melting children heads rule.

I think he was talking about the new Trick r' Treat that just hit video stores. It's fucking aces and everyone should watch it.

I think he was talking about the new Trick r' Treat that just hit video stores. It's fucking aces and everyone should watch it.

Season of the Witch had a great soundtrack too. I am watching that when I get off work.

I was talking about the new Trick r' Treat. Loki knows his shit.

I was also surprised with the Diary of the Dead. It was a fun watch.

I'm a really big fan of the movie Suspiria, I think that's a pretty sweet slasher movie, some pretty creative kills.

Also I consider Eraserhead a horror movie, and that's one of my favorite movies of all time.

FUCKIN' SUSPIRIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is my second favorite of all time, right behind the original Dawn Of The Dead. Argento has this way of making blood and gore the most beautiful sights you will ever see on film. he makes colors so vivid and the blood so bright, especially in Suspiria. the first 18 minutes of this movie are probably some of the most intense ever put on film. I believe he modeled this around Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and it was the last movie filmed in 3 strip technicolor. i heard natalie portman was financing a remake of this. it's heartbreaking because it will probably suck. there is no way they can pull that opening scene off, well at least deliver it w/as much impact as the original.

i wouldn't consider Suspiria a slasher movie. i would consider it more of a supernatural horror movie in the vein of Phenomenon and The Beyond. witchcraft and all that. you will never look at stain glass the same way again.

i would consider Eraserhead a horror movie, good call on that.

i apologize. i did know they were talking about the one. sorry. season of the witch was good and very underrated. the scene i liked the most was the scene in the hotel where that sales woman was laying in bed and fucked with that little gadget and it shot a laser into her face and pretty much blew her mouth off and those spiders or whatever they were crawled out. awesome..

Season of the Witch had a great soundtrack too. I am watching that when I get off work.

I was talking about the new Trick r' Treat. Loki knows his shit.

I was also surprised with the Diary of the Dead. It was a fun watch.

i agree, DOTD was not bad.

I'm a really big fan of the movie Suspiria, I think that's a pretty sweet slasher movie, some pretty creative kills.

Also I consider Eraserhead a horror movie, and that's one of my favorite movies of all time.

FUCKIN' SUSPIRIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is my second favorite of all time, right behind the original Dawn Of The Dead. Argento has this way of making blood and gore the most beautiful sights you will ever see on film. he makes colors so vivid and the blood so bright, especially in Suspiria. the first 18 minutes of this movie are probably some of the most intense ever put on film. I believe he modeled this around Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and it was the last movie filmed in 3 strip technicolor. i heard natalie portman was financing a remake of this. it's heartbreaking because it will probably suck. there is no way they can pull that opening scene off, well at least deliver it w/as much impact as the original.

i wouldn't consider Suspiria a slasher movie. i would consider it more of a supernatural horror movie in the vein of Phenomenon and The Beyond. witchcraft and all that. you will never look at stain glass the same way again.

i would consider Eraserhead a horror movie, good call on that.

Yeah that's true Suspiria is more supernatural than slasher, but I do think it has some of the same type of elements as a slasher movie, but you're right about it being supernatural. I do however think that it was probably an influence on the slasher genre, not as much as Halloween for instance but still an influence. It is very beautifully shot.

Yeah the remake is going to suck but I'm sure I'll watch it anyway.