IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE HALLOWEEN

i was driving around my neighborhood yesterday on the way home from work and i noticed that there are almost no houses with any decorations or even pumpkins. i remember when people would try to out do each other and make their houses more elaborate than their neighbors., bu tnow it seems that nobody even cares. or are people afraid of offending anybody and don't want the hassle that it brings? it's a sad feeling, but maybe it is different where you live.

is it the same where you are or is the halloween spirit much alive?

/

one dude down the street from me went all out and had huge skeletons/zombies/ghosts in his yard with this crazy lighting set up. but other than that, i hardly ever saw any carved pumpkins.

it makes me a little mad cuz all these gangsters come from other neighborhoods, park on my street and trick or treat by my house. parents who were dressed up in costumes were walking in the street, too, when there was no one on the sidewalk. i could hardly even drive down my own street. jerks.

i am jealous that the west got all that snow. can't wait for the winter. it is dry and in the 60's right here in cincinnati also making it feel less like halloween.

blasphemy! i hate winter and am most certainly not looking forward to snow.

i love it pal. i am anticipating the annual cincinnati blizzard.

My guess is people may not have the money to decorate like they used to. That isn't true around here though. Some of the houses are insane.
i had thought about that and it makes sense, money is tough these days and it is understandable. i was talking about the lack of halloween spirit the other day w/a co-worker and she told me that i am getting older and it happens. i declared BULLSHIT! i am more into halloween than ever before and i have always loved this holiday more than the others, so getting older isn't the problem, people not caring is the problem.

Guest kissthesharks

I noticed the same thing dude. I haven't cared that much this year, but that doesn't mean I have my Jesus if he were a Slayer fan costume ready.

Several things have contirbuted to this year not "feeling" like Halloween to me. The warmer weather around here has delayed the leaves from changing color, so you don't have that beautifull fall look. And, as stated before, fewer people are decorating. There are still certain neighborhoods that I can drive through that are filled with the Halloween spirit when I need a fix, but it doesn't seem to be as much fun this year. I always take the last 2 weeks of October off as part of my vacation so I can enjoy my favorite holiday. And I've been terribly disappointed this year.

On good thing to happen this year though is that "Trick 'r Treat" finally came out to own. I bought it on blu-ray the day it was released. Required watching for anyone who considers themselves a Halloween fan. I loved it and it will become a annual tradition to watch it during my Halloween vacation. And "Night Of The Creeps" also finally came out on dvd and blu-ray. Has been a good season for horro movies.

i am jealous that the west got all that snow. can't wait for the winter. it is dry and in the 60's right here in cincinnati also making it feel less like halloween.

blasphemy! i hate winter and am most certainly not looking forward to snow.

definitely agree makes walking to class shitty

we decorated our house, and bought 6 bags of candy to give out. to our surprise kids came by the car loads. we were out of candy in about an 40 minutes.
THAT'S AWESOME! i am glad i am not the only one that felt like this.

trick r' treat was great. the school bus, the school bus.