How NOT to pack a record part 58

yeah...a handful of shredded paper is not enough, nor is sending a record with no plastic sleeve and no cardboard pad.

luckily the record came in one piece, covers a little dinged up, but I don't think it was mint either...definitely not an extreme case, it was in an LP mailer, so I'm not whining too much...

I was more amused by the shredded paper being there than anything. oh well...ha be aware if you buy stuff off ebay from Rickyrockshop I think is the name. they can pack orders, but include confetti, like it will magically protect the record...

My favorite packing job was "Way to normal". I ordered from Sony. It came with a sticker stating it was from some Christian music company. The box was about the size of a small refrigerator and had one sole packing peanut in it. I mean one peanut will always help.

Justin-Let's try to piece that shredded stuff together!

I get and send records all the time without an extra cardboard pad. I don't know under what circumstances that extra piece of cardboard would actually help anything. Also, in Canada if your package weighs over 500g the price for shipping goes from $7.50 to $12.50 and last time I packaged a record with an extra piece of cardboard it went over the threshold (so I ended up taking it out). If there was no price difference then I guess I'd throw it in there, but it is definitely not worth it. Claiming that you need one to package a record properly is ridiculous.

I get and send records all the time without an extra cardboard pad. I don't know under what circumstances that extra piece of cardboard would actually help anything. Also, in Canada if your package weighs over 500g the price for shipping goes from $7.50 to $12.50 and last time I packaged a record with an extra piece of cardboard it went over the threshold (so I ended up taking it out). If there was no price difference then I guess I'd throw it in there, but it is definitely not worth it. Claiming that you need one to package a record properly is ridiculous.

no, you don't need to include it, but it doesn't hurt...and this was just a media mail shipment from Maryland...definitely understand on the international orders front though I just had a mailorder to the UK that was almost 8 dollars more than what I expected it to be...

I received a LP from amazon yesterday that was packaged in a rather large box for an LP. However the box was only about 11.5 inches wide. As soon as I opened it, I clearly saw that someone had just pushed it as far down in the box as possible, bending one side. Somehow the jacket and record were fine.

[image]

This was pretty awesome! Amazing, it played.

I paid $100 for a record from gemm (please don't ask which) and it was packaged like that.

In fact, every single order I've done from gemm/musicstack/ebay comes packaged in crappy packaging. Just make it a rule, tell the seller they must package the record a certain way or no deal.