BRAND NEW "DEVIL AND GOD" 180G 2XLP - OUT 03.16

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this really isn't that confusing at all. can't you just assume that interpunk and other larger distributers (with the exception of hot topic who's getting the AFS white press /500, as stated in the first place) will get a piece of the large triple crown pressing? fuck it, just wait for the AFS press, it'll be so much better anyway.

this really isn't that confusing at all. can't you just assume that interpunk and other larger distributers (with the exception of hot topic who's getting the AFS white press /500, as stated in the first place) will get a piece of the large triple crown pressing? fuck it, just wait for the AFS press, it'll be so much better anyway.

that's all fine and dandy but when interpunk says they're getting black copies it throws a monkey wrench into everything.

that's all fine and dandy but when interpunk says they're getting black copies it throws a monkey wrench into everything.

i'm just guessing that a customer service person at interpunk doesn't really know what's up, so they told you black because that's normally the common color. that's what i'm gonna think until i see copies up in the interpunk store.

Am I the only one who could care less if there's 500 different pressings of this?

It doesn't matter, just means more people will get the record, and I'm all for that.

I'm not gonna be buying all 500 different pressings, only one. So pick one and stick with it, jeez.

It just seems like people are bitching about this release for sport now.

mhm, maybe that differs from pressing plant to p. plant?

im quite sure i heard this from more sides than one- clear pellets and then mixing with colors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiUcpEXAQQU&hl=en&fs=1

At :10 in this video, you can see the pellets are black-ish. I think transparent records are clear mixed with colors, though.

Guest itsajakie
Am I the only one who could care less if there's 500 different pressings of this?

It doesn't matter, just means more people will get the record, and I'm all for that.

I'm not gonna be buying all 500 different pressings, only one. So pick one and stick with it, jeez.

It just seems like people are bitching about this release for sport now.

I'm not bitching at all. I'm just saying, if 3 different labels are puting it out, thats jacked. And they WILL NOT be getting the white Triple Crown pressing... because there IS no white triple crown pressing! If what we have all read about the band pressing it on their own label is true, then a triple crown pressing doesn't even exist. Yet, that is how its listed.

either someone really messed everything up on the interpunk site, or there are going to be like... 924356245245724556 copies of this record. lol

Just throwing it out there.

Well, I mean. I wasn't singling you out or anything,

anyone could agree that this is everyone's favorite release to bitch about.

I just don't get why people think it's jacked. It's coming out, why complain?

I could care less if five different labels are putting it out, let'em.

I just want to own one copy of it, let all the labels that want to put it out do so,

but I'm not going to complain because 4 other labels are going to press 5,000 or so copies each

that I'm not going to buy one of.

Just sayin'.

I haven't kept up with this thread for a few days and just by looking at the previous to posts it seems everything has gone to shit haha -- from what I understand, there were two labels releasing this record:

Academy Fight Song/MTS

Procrastinate! Music Traitors (Brand New's own label)

AFS has their 2500 amazing versions, and BN has 5000 version with different artwork (all on white).

The only reason why Triple Crown is mentioned is because they -- along with other distro's like Interpunk, MerchDirect, and other online sites -- are just trying to sell some of the 5000 copies P!MT has to sell.

Let me know if I have missed something within the last week.

Triple Crown is probably listed because they are distributing it. i think people are going over board with the notion that three labels are putting this out now. we'll just have to wait and see what's on the record jacket once this version comes out, because i doubt we'll ever get any solid info from the band and the label has been pretty quite about it to other than it's coming out and to buy it from their webstores.

I think that's it. The Procratinate! and Triple Crown releases are the same thing. It's the same reason some sites have the Academy Fight Song release listed as Mightier Than Sword.

There's only two labels pressing this.

Yep yep. I emailed this guy, Mark, who's become an acquaintance I met a few years ago at one of BN's shows -- he manages BN's online fanmail and I think their MySpace -- and he said he didn't actually know about AFS's release, just Procrastinate! Music Traitor's release. And so he got back to me once he talked to Brian (the drummer) who told him about AFS/MTS's being the other to just release it. So yes, it is just two labels releasing this album.

Now, if only March could come sooner haha.

Hey guys,

Just thought you would like to know that I also asked interpunk about this after my pre-order and got the same answer from the same guy. It was even the exact same wording, so they must be getting a few questions about it haha

I wrote back explaining the 2 different pressings but haven't get a reply yet

Really confused now...I want the white pressing but not too keen on the black