Archiving all the shows I've been to.

Guest adam526

Guest adam526

I've been wanting to do this for a while now, just basically archive the hundreds of shows I've been to. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how they've gone about doing it. I was thinking a Google Doc, but if there's a better way, speak up!

I'm thinking "Who I went to see..." "Who else played..." "Venue" and "City"

When I REALLY have a ton of time on my hands I'll research the dates.

Thanks, Bro Satriani.

Guest adam526
this sounds like a good idea. i might try it just to rack my brain.

That's how it started, usually waiting in line at a venue I'd be like "hmm, whooooooo else have I seen here."

Now looking into getting it all out of my head.

Guest adam526

Yea, for a while I would keep all my stubs/bracelets, but I just stopped at some point in the last few years. I started going to shows pretty young so I have a lot to think of.

My game plan is to go through my Itunes from A-Z.

I wish I did this when I was a kid.

There's no way I could remember all of the shows that I've been to now though.

I always though that my first show was the Suicide Machines / Avail, but I was going through my ticket stubs the other day and I found a Rancid one that was before that. I don't remember that show at all. I must have been 14/15 years old.

I am making a little scrapbook (how lame) with all my stubs though. I didn't want to throw them away and this is a cheap way to display them as a coffee table book or something.

I wish I would've kept track more. I have a pretty good idea of all the bands I've seen, but can't remember exact shows/venues on a lot of them. Plus I've lost a ton of ticket stubs over the years, so that doesn't help.

This is me exactly. I recently started saving stubs. A lot of my ticket stubs from the early 1990s to about 2000 are long gone (so most of my good stuff like Jawbreaker, etc.) I used to use stubs as decoration and stick them all over the place. Last week I was throwing away an old pair of speakers and found two stubs stuck to the side of one. One was from an old Deftones show, probably mid-1990s the other was from the Epitaph Summer Nationals in NYC in 1997. NOFX headlined and that ticket was like $6 and change. Ha!

I had an excel spreadsheet of all the shows i went to but when my computer got infected with some virus i lost pretty much everything. I kept it updated from about 98-03 with bands, venues, dates and costs. I really wished i still had it. I barely go shows anymore so there is no point of starting a new one.

I have a detailed list of shows I've attended since 2004 (somewhere in the 600 range right now), but between 1997 (my first "punk" gig) and 2003, who knows -- I've been meaning to comb through all my old fliers/ticket stubs/photos/etc to get somewhat of a list together, but can't find the time to do it.

i think im going to try to do this instead of going to class today

luckily theres a list of all bay area punk shows since like 1995, that should help with the opening bands

edit: here's what i have so far, this is going to take forever

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ar37KaV4Cn7_dGpsV0JrSFR5d2tpNW4wdVdKN1VveHc&hl=en

I have a document like this hosted online. It's quite shameful, though, so I won't share it. (Though it's probably easily found through a Google search, if one is so inclined to do so :-/ )

I did see the Spice Girls when I was 7, and did not include that on the list, however. I stuck to shows I actually had a say in going to.

I'll add that I included Date, Venue, City/State, and then listed the bands (including crappy local openers). Also, if it was a specific tour (Warped Tour, Revival Tour, etc), I made note of that.

noway I could go back and figure this all out...I have negatives in my binder that all my Negatives are in...and I went through last summer and couldn't figure out a handfull of which bands the pics were from...and which would only be the past 4 years worth of shows...all the ones before that, no clue how many of those I've crapped out of my brain. I really wish I'd kept a detailed list like this though, would be radical

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':hi54ngtp]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':hi54ngtp]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

on last.fm they have events and you could list events by band or venue. it's user-entered but it could be helpful for the more recent shows.

currently i have a spreadsheet on google docs i've been keeping for the past couple years of shows / upcoming shows i've been to / want to go to. it has some shows i didn't end up going to, though